Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Doldrums - Summer in full effect Pattern and Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

2 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Unfortunately the current one didn't pan out here.

And the 06z run brings less than 1/2" to Augusta today thru Friday, and takes until day 12 to reach 1".  Would be ironic to spend a couple weeks in this mega-moisture "river" and be BN for precip.

1st half of August 1988 is my standard for dynamic dew duration.  2013 was drippy too, but at a lower swamp status than '88.

8 minutes ago, tamarack said:

And the 06z run brings less than 1/2" to Augusta today thru Friday, and takes until day 12 to reach 1".  Would be ironic to spend a couple weeks in this mega-moisture "river" and be BN for precip.

1st half of August 1988 is my standard for dynamic dew duration.  2013 was drippy too, but at a lower swamp status than '88.

Yeah, this is all directly related to the WAR.

40 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

My last 8 days

84/82/87/80/81/86/86/82

Like I already said, I'll take what we have now over the 95/97/92/92/98/90 type stuff where the DPs are around 70F and HI are in the low 100s we had earlier this month.

I didn’t realize how dry it has been there.  We have had quite a bit of rain here since Saturday night.  

The RH has been brutal here.  Just gross.  

21 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Dynamic dew duration.    I like that.   And yes, 1988 is def the king 

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Dry as a bone in Falmouth this week, could definitely use some rain but not until we leave. :  )

Sitting on Kevin's favorite beach right now.

IMG_3772.PNG.738c4866cb7e8f13c9bc36420d999ff9.PNG

Nice.  We designed a home all the way out at the end of Bay Shore Rd.  Was about 18 years ago now. Contemporary

Pretty good signal for a heat wave continues in the recent Euro trend ...  operational... But even the EPS has a 588+ DAM heights affecting the region later next week. 

This 12z oper. version has a heat wave D 6.5 thru 10.  

20 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

That beach looks terrible.  Rocky...weedy..algae...crabs. Northeast beaches are pooooooooop. 

Yea that looks horrible that being said, living near here in Westerly RI for 35 years didn't suck. This is a great NE beach by the way  and there are a bunch on Cape Cod too.

1143832_2_1489195853.jpg

50 minutes ago, Weatherexpert said:

Hey everyone. Having a rough night and just needed to share this as well as get it off my chest...

If I was lucky enough to be a father I would never trade off playtime with my son for  a beer. I would set that beer down, get off my a** and treasure the time I have with my child.

I know you're upset, but Daddy in Tolland loves his craft beers. He'll find more time for you someday.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I know you're upset, but Daddy in Tolland loves his craft beers. He'll find more time for you someday.

Dendeite I did not mean that in a Daddy kink context. I was referring to a viral Facebook video I see around of a father pushing his son on a swing with a string so that he can sip his beer.

6 hours ago, Whineminster said:

That beach looks terrible.  Rocky...weedy..algae...crabs. Northeast beaches are pooooooooop. 

Have you ever been to the lower Cape?  Eastham to Provincetown are some of the best beaches in the Northeast. 

That was a poor cell photo I took of Old Silver and the only rocky spot on the beach because my kid digs little tidal pools. It is pretty much white sand and little if any rocks or seaweed with water temp at 70F today.  If you want epic go to the Mediterranean or Caribbean.  If you don't like NE ski areas go to Jackson Hole.  If you are stuck here, then deal with it brotha! 

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Wait, I have to pick beer OR playtime? I've been doing both. 

But since I usually only have one hand free with the kid in the other, I need my own sippy cup too.

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Wait, I have to pick beer OR playtime? I've been doing both. 

But since I usually only have one hand free with the kid in the other, I need my own sippy cup too.

We started back to the brew pub when the boy was 6 weeks.   Now that he is 7 he is embarrassed to go there because everybody knows his name.