Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Doldrums - Summer in full effect Pattern and Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

47 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Hats off to you and Jerry exceptional call on the WAR persistence. Orientation looks like lots of wet as we are in the battle zone

Thanks!  I actually saw the signs in the guidance during the big heat in the first week of July.  I thought (and still think) it would/will be kind of hot also.  So that’s up in the air.  Kevin was spot on with his mostly humid vs warm call.

29 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea, good job Fella and DonkInTolland. You hit the war and it’s a persistent mofo. Congrats. Now we enjoy this awful stretch that will be forgotten immediately when it’s over. 

Its actually not bad here in SECT with the strong winds and clouds. Much better than stagnant hhh stuff

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Its actually not bad here in SECT with the strong winds and clouds. Much better than stagnant hhh stuff

Yea it’s not bad at work in Norwalk either but when you wake in the morning to all the windows in the house fogged up, with the AC running...you know it will be a dewy day. Feel bad for anyone remotely inland. 

33 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

The highlight for me was my 83 year old Dad struggling to breathe with the high heat/humidity two weeks ago.

Why wouldn’t he be able to breathe?  Was there a toxic substance in the air?  Or was exertion in the conditions more difficult as it is for most?

7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Why wouldn’t he be able to breathe?  Was there a toxic substance in the air?  Or was exertion in the conditions more difficult as it is for most?

Over exertion from going grocery shopping near mid-day during the height of the heatwave. The high heat/humidity makes it harder to breathe for him. Luckily we have a garage under house type construction which keeps the garage/basement at 66F year round. My dad was able to get out of the car and rest in our basement for a bit to recover.

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea, good job Fella and DonkInTolland. You hit the war and it’s a persistent mofo. Congrats. Now we enjoy this awful stretch that will be forgotten immediately when it’s over. 

Unless we get home-brew out of the Bahamas. But yeah, otherwise, forgettable.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Pretty sure most of us called for a humid, wet period under the battleground while others had us in humid persistent Bermuda blues and all of the rain into PA/NY.

Is there a distinction in this overall synopsis ...?

Not intending to drag myself into a petty credit grab/validation routine, but ... the big seaward ridge and high pumping Bahama air mass all the way up is verifying nicely  - ... I always thought that was Bahama Blue...  It just pertains to the 'type' of blue sky - not so much the percentage of sky coverage...  In most Bahama patterns ... we're going to see training shower streets with narrow turrets and if your in those, you ain't seein' any blue regardless 

Aside, heights are forecast to rise now through tomorrow night/Wednesday morning ...we may yet see a cap in instability and more pervasive clearing to come, so ... we may want to give it time to cook.  

59 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Over exertion from going grocery shopping near mid-day during the height of the heatwave. The high heat/humidity makes it harder to breathe for him. Luckily we have a garage under house type construction which keeps the garage/basement at 66F year round. My dad was able to get out of the car and rest in our basement for a bit to recover.

Sorry to hear that.  Hopefully he can get someone to shop for him or delivery when it’s dangerous for him to be outdoors.

52 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Is there a distinction in this overall synopsis ...?

Not intending to drag myself into a petty credit grab/validation routine, but ... the big seaward ridge and high pumping Bahama air mass all the way up is verifying nicely  - ... I always thought that was Bahama Blue...  It just pertains to the 'type' of blue sky - not so much the percentage of sky coverage...  In most Bahama patterns ... we're going to see training shower streets with narrow turrets and if your in those, you ain't seein' any blue regardless 

Aside, heights are forecast to rise now through tomorrow night/Wednesday morning ...we may yet see a cap in instability and more pervasive clearing to come, so ... we may want to give it time to cook.  

My point is he flipped his original call from the WAR being so far west we stay in the drought to mold and mushrooms on the lawn. You and I were discussing probably wetter times, but still above normal temps...especially on the mins. 

Bermua, Bahama...tomato, tomahto. I’ve always said Bermuda, but the analogy fits both places. Of course a Bermuda High doesn’t translate to any blues...just Camden Crap.

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

My point is he flipped his original call from the WAR being so far west we stay in the drought to mold and mushrooms on the lawn. You and I were discussing probably wetter times, but still above normal temps...especially on the mins. 

Bermua, Bahama...tomato, tomahto. I’ve always said Bermuda, but the analogy fits both places. Of course a Bermuda High doesn’t translate to any blues...just Camden Crap.

I never posted about the WAR being dry with drought from it . Not once. This weekend was supposed to be wet and where has the axis of heavy rains been? Over us or west? 

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Ha... 'camden crap' 

Hey Jerry - 

...you could argue the better WAR look is actually on the Euro D8-10...   

Just now, weathafella said:

Yeah that signal would probably carry stronger warmth.  That’s been growing. 

I mean ...the 594 DM contouring being canoe's distance from the Coast and all ...it's impressive, but... idiosyncratic orientation of all else imposes the SSE flow ... If your in the game for 'heat' it's not really the look you want.  The whole of the event is displaced N in an odd fashion..

We're getting the rich DPs and purified tropical blues ...in between whisky gray bases... very tropical look and feel. But the temp aren't likely to be high in this ..  

Out there, the orientation of the WAR is lower in latitude and we're a bit more SW ... think Dallas transport may be more plausible in there - ... time will tell.