Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Doldrums - Summer in full effect Pattern and Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I mean...I’m not even in the BN camp. I’d probably lean near normal highs and maybe slightly AN mins and a wetter stretch. Just wet and dewy enough to get the fungal issues going on all of my plants. :axe:

Somethin like that. Yeah. 

Also. Folks it's not that uncommon to develop an Ohio Valley weakness in the mid summer that moves east ever so slowly ...we end up in this persistent S flow along the eastern seaboard. Meanwhile ...  here we have a trough that shows up in the middle and extended range models - like a many do this might show up overly aggressive

7 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Somethin like that. Yeah. 

Also. Folks it's not that uncommon to develop an Ohio Valley weakness in the mid summer that moves east ever so slowly ...we end up in this persistent S flow along the eastern seaboard. Meanwhile ...  here we have a trough that shows up in the middle and extended range models - like a many do this might show up overly aggressive

Yup..These guys calling for cool, dry NW flow in August..well nothing shows that at all

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yup..These guys calling for cool, dry NW flow in August..well nothing shows that at all

August is 15 days away dude, meanwhile  enjoy the rest of your summer wet , since yours ends soon. Good lord what a disaster on EPS. Anyone happy about this because of you know high dews and low minimums needs a head check

index.png

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

August is 15 days away dude, meanwhile  enjoy the rest of your summer wet , since yours ends soon. Good lord what a disaster on EPS. Anyone happy about this because of you know high dews and low minimums needs a head check

index.png

I don’t think anyone wants rain the rest of the summer. But the pattern the next 2 -3 weeks doesn’t look like that. It should feature Bermuda blues with cloud streets racing south to north .Periodic downpours certainly as well, but much nice wx too. Just a warm AN super humid pattern . No 90’s. That’s all Jerry Tip and I have been saying. 

50 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t think anyone wants rain the rest of the summer. But the pattern the next 2 -3 weeks doesn’t look like that. It should feature Bermuda blues with cloud streets racing south to north .Periodic downpours certainly as well, but much nice wx too. Just a warm AN super humid pattern . No 90’s. That’s all Jerry Tip and I have been saying. 

Enjoy the mold its the only mold you got. Side effect will be lots of big surf opportunities so we take.

11 hours ago, dendrite said:

I mean...I’m not even in the BN camp. I’d probably lean near normal highs and maybe slightly AN mins and a wetter stretch. Just wet and dewy enough to get the fungal issues going on all of my plants. :axe:

Have a treatment plan in place.

13 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Deep, deep COC today. Take it all in and savor it.

Your buddy who likes all your comments about me liked this one too!! Congrats 

Didnt know mid 80’s was coc k, but the definition has definitely changed over the years. Used to be 65-75 and low dews.. now it’s anywhere from 60-90 with low dews 

7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Pretty refreshing NW wind today, Could take a whole summer of this, Who wants 90/70's, That's what the south is for.

To each is own maybe. Just know everyone can enjoy this. Kids playing, comfortable working outdoors, edlerly sitting on a park bench without 911 on speed dial.....ideal weather for all. 

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

To each is own maybe. Just know everyone can enjoy this. Kids playing, comfortable working outdoors, edlerly sitting on a park bench without 911 on speed dial.....ideal weather for all. 

Yes, Exactly, We endure a couple weeks a yr up here of HHH typically, Otherwise its typically quite comfortable.

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You’re right!

You miss my point. I'm not doubting that. My point is that it looks like a much wetter pattern (wouldn't take much) with plenty of Glasgow Grey days too. I actually think we're arguing the same thing now since you've embraced less of a torch look and more of a wetter/dewier one.

30 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Your buddy who likes all your comments about me liked this one too!! Congrats 

Didnt know mid 80’s was coc k, but the definition has definitely changed over the years. Used to be 65-75 and low dews.. now it’s anywhere from 60-90 with low dews 

70/55 at ORH. Didn't know 70F was mid 80s.