Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July Doldrums - Summer in full effect Pattern and Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Dews in 70’s last 2-3 days for all. So much extra wiping has been needed this summer .  Just wait till next weekend and beyond. 

I thought you were joking until I looked at the obs.  

It was real dry up here today... we hit 90F but with dews in the upper 40s and low 50s.

Glad we live here.

IMG_0119.thumb.PNG.6a30236ac5baa7c87d6f912fef3f34d3.PNG

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I thought you were joking until I looked at the obs.  

It was real dry up here today... we hit 90F but with dews in the upper 40s and low 50s.

Glad we live here.

IMG_0119.thumb.PNG.6a30236ac5baa7c87d6f912fef3f34d3.PNG

73 dew currently . Lowest dew we’ve had since Saturday when they jacked way up was 68 early this AM. It’s been one hell of a dew month. Drydown does happen Wed-Fri but we then jack up another week of them with not much break seen into Aug with persistent MW trough and WAR keeps trending stronger each EPS and weekly run 

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

73 dew currently . Lowest dew we’ve had since Saturday when they jacked way up was 68 early this AM. It’s been one hell of a dew month. Drydown does happen Wed-Fri but we then jack up another week of them with not much break seen into Aug with persistent MW trough and WAR keeps trending stronger each EPS and weekly run 

Nice for you, glad you enjoy that stuff.  Luckily for me, it hasn't been humid at all it seems since that stretch to start the month...which was still the most ridiculous heat/humidity I've ever experienced in 15 years in NNE.  Since then though, its been fairly standard summer humidity (50s dews) and actually a decent amount of warm/dry days.

It has been hot though in the means.  Today makes the 5th day of 90F or higher in the first 16 days of the month.  That is very impressive to me, as we've recently gone entire summers without hitting 90F...yet we've done it now 5 times in 16 days.

Average high temperature has been 85F not including today's 90F, at MVL.  That's hot to get the average high up in the mid-80s here.  However, with 7 days of lows in the 40s, the average minimums are near normal at 53F.  Large diurnal ranges for the most part.

BTV temps dropped from 87F to 82F quickly this evening with the sun down...but wind has been increasing the past 2 hours and straightened out of the south sustained at 10mph.  The temp rose back up to 85F at 10pm.  No decoupling possible with that constant air flow.  The nocturnal jet is starting up, bringing a mild night to BTV.  Highest wind ob of the day at 11pm from the southerly direction.  Funneling between the Greens and Dacks, leading to increasing southerly flow as inversions build in elsewhere.

12 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Average high temperature has been 85F not including today's 90F, at MVL.  That's hot to get the average high up in the mid-80s here.  However, with 7 days of lows in the 40s, the average minimums are near normal at 53F.  Large diurnal ranges for the most part.

Average high here is 79 thru yesterday, which is nearly 3° AN.  Average low is 54, only 0.3° AN.  We were just east of the dry air yesterday, under the clouds until near noon and dews low 60s, temp 79/60.