Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Doldrums - Summer in full effect Pattern and Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Def a developing drought for most of us in SNE and CNE..not a drop 

My pond went totally dry this AM.   It's happened a couple times in the past.  During the big drought of 2015 I believe it went dry at the end of July.  Dryness very evident up here.

10 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It would be great to be young with the knowledge acquired with 7+ decades of living.  Unfortunately it doesn’t work that way...

"Too soon we grow old; too late we grow smart."

My pond went totally dry this AM.   It's happened a couple times in the past.  During the big drought of 2015 I believe it went dry at the end of July.  Dryness very evident up here.

Likewise.  Local river dropping steadily, now at 134 cfs.  25th percentile ins 196, record low flow 92.  Might be close to that by early next week.

9 minutes ago, tamarack said:

"Too soon we grow old; too late we grow smart."

Likewise.  Local river dropping steadily, now at 134 cfs.  25th percentile ins 196, record low flow 92.  Might be close to that by early next week.

Paraphrasing Shaw, ... 'Youth is wasted on the young'

57 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Love Seger. Against the Wind is one of my favorites but I think Turn the Page has the edge for me personally. 

Just had a birthday last week. I'm young, but I think I'm blessed with a little perspective. I recognize how precious time is, and that when you think you have things all figured out life tends to have other plans.

Despite moving back here from the bustle of DC, life's moving at a pace I've never experienced. This is the fastest year I've ever lived. Must be the stress of the job and trying to (finally) settle down. 

There's hope?

Anyway, back on topic. Gorgeous day. Love the view from my new desk. Windows open. Low 80s with minimal humidity feels great. 

John Lennon famously coined the expression:  'Life is what happens while you're busy making plans'

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Love Seger. Against the Wind is one of my favorites but I think Turn the Page has the edge for me personally. 

Just had a birthday last week. I'm young, but I think I'm blessed with a little perspective. I recognize how precious time is, and that when you think you have things all figured out life tends to have other plans.

Despite moving back here from the bustle of DC, life's moving at a pace I've never experienced. This is the fastest year I've ever lived. Must be the stress of the job and trying to (finally) settle down. 

There's hope?

Anyway, back on topic. Gorgeous day. Love the view from my new desk. Windows open. Low 80s with minimal humidity feels great. 

Ha, Went out in the warehouse about 5 mins ago and Hollywood Nights is playing on the radio.................:lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

working and practicing..... ain't it funny how the night moves when you don't have as much to lose.

Ah Misquamicut Beach nights in the mid 70's......

Who wants to brave those bronzed beauties

lying in the sun

with their long soft hair falling

flying as they run.

Nice running into Greenfield Hippy at the People’s Pint. Great food, and really good beer (Thank Chris! You really didn’t have to. I tipped well and bought some take home treats).  

Ran into a few stray showers on the ride home.  Unexpected.  

Like Tip said, chance of a heat wave next week, but a lot could screw that’s up.

23 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Where’s the coc k folks are talking about? Dews been 64-65 all day Pike south 

16 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Except BDL...upper 50s to 61.  Magical

5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Nobody lives on the Tarmac.

Unless it's in the upper 90s.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

72/45 here...I need a shirt.

73/55 here