Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Doldrums - Summer in full effect Pattern and Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

22 minutes ago, alex said:

P&C has a low of 40F tonight. Temperature has been slow to drop with the wind, but I wonder if we could make it into the 30s if it decouples. Either way, quite the change in airmass. 

MOS has 39° for HIE so it’s possible. MWN is down to 33.8°.

45 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

52F locally at MVL...it does feel awesome out.  44F already at SLK, lol.  Mid-30s possible there?  Still 62F at BTV out in the well-mixed Champlain Valley.  55F on the hill in MPV.

51 freakin’ glorious degrees at my house. I know some cry for their mommas about these cool, crisp summer evenings but it feels really nice after the past week. 

16 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like they had 3 lows below 0 (though one of them was a cheap midnight low)....but I agree it looks kind of suspicious given that BVY on the water had 4 and BED to the southwest had 6...and the other two had mins lower than LWM. BVY shouldn't be going lower....maybe BED if they radiated better, but even on the non-rad nights, they were getting a lot lower.

Your suspicion is well justified. The temps there have been off for many years. Today the morning low was 57 with a dew point low of 44. Compare that reading to other reports across EMA. 

4 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Your suspicion is well justified. The temps there have been off for many years. Today the morning low was 57 with a dew point low of 44. Compare that reading to other reports across EMA. 

LWM runs too warm. I don't think that is debatable. They are on a bit of a hill, but the temps also stick out during the day. At one point this winter, they were warmer than BOS in a CAD situation, which was completely ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

LWM runs too warm. I don't think that is debatable. They are on a bit of a hill, but the temps also stick out during the day. At one point this winter, they were warmer than BOS in a CAD situation, which was completely ridiculous. 

I agree. I've seen the temp there be in the upper 30's in CAD situations but at my home it will be in the upper 20's or around freezing. And there will be snow/sleet/freezing rain falling in those situations. I have  reported the issue to the NWS on a number of occasions. A few years ago someone at NWS told me they do not have much confidence in the data from LWM.

1 minute ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I agree. I've seen the temp there be in the upper 30's in CAD situations but at my home it will be in the upper 20's or around freezing. And there will be snow/sleet/freezing rain falling in those situations. I have  reported the issue to the NWS on a number of occasions. A few years ago someone at NWS told me they do not have much confidence in the data from LWM.

We reported it to BOX and they claim nothing is wrong. Good response. 

We reported it to BOX and they claim nothing is wrong. Good response. 

How long ago did you report it to Box? My area radiates very well  I live on a circle in Methuen but there is a lot of open land that surrounds my neighborhood. There are open fields and farmland to my W/NW/N

Just now, Great Snow 1717 said:

How long ago did you report it to Box? My area radiates very well  I live on a circle in Methuen but there is a lot of open land that surrounds my neighborhood. There are open fields and farmland to my W/NW/N

I thought maybe a month or two ago? I'd have to ask the forecaster. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

If my memory is serving me well I think that site was knocked offline during one of the storms that occurred in March. Since then I've noticed the temp has run even warmer. It's been  a "hot" site for years but I'm wondering if the site occurred some damage during the series of storms in March. And I also think the site was knocked offline during the storm at the end of October.