Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Doldrums - Summer in full effect Pattern and Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

1 minute ago, Albert A Clipper said:

Please what? The primary job of ac is to drop humidity more than temps, setting a residential ac to 70 when it’s 96 degrees out with ridiculous dew points is excessive, I don’t have a commercial chiller on the roof of my house, it’s a house. 78 is incredibly comfortable. 70% of people in Vermont don’t even have ac, grow some. 

Mine is set to 68 and I love it.

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When I see yours, mine, And then Scooters and Dendrites all hit 80 twice in 2 days this week ..it means it was all very real. Especially from the latter 2 who have always been the biggest doubters and accusers 

But, as you are fond of saying, it's not representative of the air mass as a whole so it's "fake".  ;) We have fake cold, fake heat and now fake dews.

11 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Up here there are stats to support it but how can you call something a record or never seen before, while also saying it's opinion based?  Opinions are very hard to use as record markers.

Yeah, NNE put up some impressive records.  Unless there is data to show for it, opinion does not set the record.  Years from now all that will be left is the data and when the data shows other events like this, even as recent as 2013 at my place, it doesn't stand out.  Up there yes, down here...not so much.

41 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’m a personal autumn hater.  Losing light to me is misery until the snow flies.  Probably a tie between winter and summer for my favorites 

Different strokes for different folks . September , October  in that order, best two months of the year . Football , foliage , beer , warm days and cool nights .

22 minutes ago, Albert A Clipper said:

Please what? The primary job of ac is to drop humidity more than temps, setting a residential ac to 70 when it’s 96 degrees out with ridiculous dew points is excessive, I don’t have a commercial chiller on the roof of my house, it’s a house. 78 is incredibly comfortable. 70% of people in Vermont don’t even have ac, grow some. 

this your place ? 

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/travel/2018/07/05/how-navigate-airbnb-distaster-bugs-and-all/qg3hgQVU8ydXaEydSFl30M/story.html?p1=Article_Recommended_ReadMore_Pos1

1 hour ago, Albert A Clipper said:

Lol.  So you rent the place and get mad when the renters use ac in a week of heat wanting 78.  Ether raise the rent of stfu.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I keep my thermostat 72 in summer and 68 in winter.   More warmth next week.  Thicknesses are stubbornly high >576 over us on many days.  Fropa days and 2 days immediately after are Steve’s doodle doo doos.

With such high dews I never got below 71 in the house. Time for a AC break tomorrow,  windows wide open to let the glorious fresh air in.

Low clouds are screaming SW to NE with high cirrus, midlevel stratus and breaks of blue above ut oh

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Line 1 moving out...line 2 incoming from VT. More rain please. Looks like the front is going through VT now based on 7am sfc plots. Down to a new low of 71.7° after about 0.15” rain.

Did the chickens survive? The amount of red tails, coopers hawks this year is amazing. I see a bunch every morning. 2 years ago a huge one attacked our deaf malamute and injuried him Now when we leave the small dogs have a 12 by 12 deck gazebo near the doggie door they are confined to. I noticed my neighbors chickens seem to be less.  Dont know if they became 4th barbecue, heat stress or hawk food. I told him but they free range.

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Did the chickens survive? The amount of red tails, coopers hawks this year is amazing. I see a bunch every morning. 2 years ago a huge one attacked our deaf malamute and injuried him Now when we leave the small dogs have a 12 by 12 deck gazebo near the doggie door they are confined to. I noticed my neighbors chickens seem to be less.  Dont know if they became 4th barbecue, heat stress or hawk food. I told him but they free range.

They made it through. All had periods of pantings, but a few of my heavier birds were really gasping at times. I had them out of the run and in the edge of the woods most afternoons, but 90s/70s and shade only helps so much. They got a lot of frozen cantaloupe, blueberries, and sardines this week to keep them cool. No treats for the next few days...gotta get back on track.