• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Doldrums - Summer in full effect Pattern and Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

Machine numbers are 86 or so for tomorrow on average but ... I wouldn't be shocked if places SE of Pittsfield to roughly MHT grab an 89.5 before the front/convection fire up. 

My experience with fronts moving into established warm sectors with these MOS products is that they tend to bust slightly cool...particularly because SW flows tend have better ceilings than anticipated. Not a big deal...heh. Not like we've missed out on anything if that doesn't happen but.. I could see this being one of those times.

90.6/76

7 day heat wave imby .. I'll have to double check my records going back to 2005, but I believe this is the longest heat wave by 2 days. Impressive for the combo of 70+ dews and mid 90s high temps (5 days), but was not able to challenge the record high of 99.5 on 7/22/11.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Humidity has been really nasty down here...but the raw temps themselves in SNE have been pretty meh as far as heatwaves go. But the duration of the humidity has been impressive.

I feel like the hottest temps have been a bit west of SNE.  

Like ALB has been on fire out into PA/NY.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

I feel like the hottest temps have been a bit west of SNE.  

Like ALB has been on fire out into PA/NY.

The shape/location of the ridge wasn't ideal for SNE to max out temps...it sent the best stuff around us into NY State and then east into NNE and Quebec.

We've had some 850 temps at times max in SNE, but the humidity is really impressive. About as bad as you will ever see. I don't count Davis dews, but when you have dews in the U70s at first order stations, that is impressive. I think Logan had a 77 dew the other day and max recorded was 78 in 1995 I believe?

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We've had some 850 temps at times max in SNE, but the humidity is really impressive. About as bad as you will ever see. I don't count Davis dews, but when you have dews in the U70s at first order stations, that is impressive. I think Logan had a 77 dew the other day and max recorded was 78 in 1995 I believe?

7/7/94 was 78F there...but the max was actually 79F on 7/27/40

edit: they tied the 79F record on 8/10/01

40 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

90.6/76

7 day heat wave imby .. I'll have to double check my records going back to 2005, but I believe this is the longest heat wave by 2 days. Impressive for the combo of 70+ dews and mid 90s high temps (5 days), but was not able to challenge the record high of 99.5 on 7/22/11.

we were at 99F on 7/22/11. Not even close today at 90.1f