Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Doldrums - Summer in full effect Pattern and Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Hit 99 here.  My phone as well as another poster reported a high of 100 in parts of Enfield.  Absolute inferno with dews running 73-76 during early afternoon.  Went to my mother in laws in East Windsor where it was 98/75 and the pool was 85 degrees.  Felt like swimming in the Gulf of Mexico.   

Doesn't get better than that, seasons in seasons, what summer is all about.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is crazy...BTV might have a shot at breaking 140 years worth of minimum temp records.

The temperature at Burlington as of 10:20 PM is still 87 degrees. Is tonight the night we break the all-time Max low temperature in Burlington of 78 degrees? Stay tuned!

Wow.  They are holding it.  76 here.  

19 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Wow.  They are holding it.  76 here.  

The south wind is getting going at BTV as the nocturnal inversion almost seems to strengthen it.  And if that wind is blowing the temp will not fall there.

Still 87F at 11pm in BTV.  

No drop at all past couple hours.  

Meanwhile 74F now on this east side of the Spine where it's calm and trying to radiate as much as this air mass will let it.

6 hours ago, powderfreak said:

This is crazy...BTV might have a shot at breaking 140 years worth of minimum temp records.

The temperature at Burlington as of 10:20 PM is still 87 degrees. Is tonight the night we break the all-time Max low temperature in Burlington of 78 degrees? Stay tuned!

Wouldn't they have to wait until midnight tonight? Saw they got down to 77 yesterday morning.. if so convection could screw that up late this evening..

BTV new all-time record high minimum likely as it's stayed in the 80s overnight.

Guess they have to wait till midnight though tonight.

Near term /through tonight/... as of 230 am EDT Monday...rather incredible early morning underway with temperatures steady at 85f at btv and a 73f dewpoint. The south wind around 10 mph feels like a misplaced trade wind from the tropics, a surreal Vermont wx experience. The south winds and scattered clouds in the Champlain Valley should hold early morning temps 80+, before soaring back to the mid- upr 90s areawide this afternoon. 

• Like 1

Alright I need Gray NWS to step up here. WTF. Yesterday it took until 2:37pm to pull the trigger on an excessive heat warning in Keene. Heat index had already been 105F+ for 2 hours at that point.

Now it's already 89/73 = HI of 97F before noon. Where's the EHW? This will be one of the most obvious situations for a EHW in NH of the last few decades, and they're dropping the ball.

3 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Only got to 70F here. Pretty sure that is my all time overnight low 10 years at this location.   The humidity this morning is tropical.

Upper 60s at my place this morning.  yesterday's low of 64 was the first morning warmer than 58 this year.

The 71 on 7/19/2005 is my only 70+ in 20+ years here.  The Farmington co-op has had just one morning (74 on 7/21/1977) above 71 in the last 68 years.  (August 1949 had 77, 74, plus 2 @ 72, the 77 second only to the 78 on 9/23/1895 for warmest minimum on record [though nearby sites suggest that 1895 low was bogus by 10° or more.])

Edit:  I'd cross-checked the Sept. 1895 heat wave (maxima okay, minima on 23rd off base) but never August 1949, until just now.  Farmington's 74 on 8/9 and 72 on 8/28 are well supported, but the 72,77 on 8/22-23 are 15-20° higher than nearby locations - no way. 

16 minutes ago, OKpowdah said:

Alright I need Gray NWS to step up here. WTF. Yesterday it took until 2:37pm to pull the trigger on an excessive heat warning in Keene. Heat index had already been 105F+ for 2 hours at that point.

Now it's already 89/73 = HI of 97F before noon. Where's the EHW? This will be one of the most obvious situations for a EHW in NH of the last few decades, and they're dropping the ball.

Why so angry?

20 minutes ago, OKpowdah said:

Thanks for bringing OK to NE you suck although  the water in the lake at 0730 was great. Living in the pool now with tunes cranking. Cracking one soon. Long live summer. 

• Like 1