Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Doldrums - Summer in full effect Pattern and Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

40 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Seabreeze came through here about 5 minutes ago. 87.8F

Yeah ...very upright (N-S) breeze boundary ...came thru here at about that exact same time down here in Ayer...  Just the tree limbs wobbled but that's all it took to chop to 97 to 91 in about 10 min... Presently 90.5...

I don't think this is a BD if anyone is wondering... Remember, we had very light or no gradient in place. Really probably a miracle we held out this long without this thing punching west, but with heights rising and suppression steadily increasing ...most mechanics are belated so it make sense I suppose.

Looking at the 18z NAM ... tomorrow appears on the FRH grid to be a carbon copy day...  One notable difference for the shore zones in the E... the wind does kick around to the WSW late in the day... so whatever heat is in metrowest say 4 or 5 pm is likely going to goose ur temps considerably at that time when it floods back east (if these numbers verify).  

850s are 22 or 23 C and RH < 50% at all sigma levels everywhere from PF to NYC to Logan so unabate insolation and what is probably a very high launch pad... wouldn't shock me if momentum alone gets it a tick even higher than today - again...going by these numbers.  But, the NAM was too cold today everywhere... the Euro too. The GFS too hot...  Today was pretty much (Euro+GFS)/2

Tuesday my impress as well.   Just did a 2 mile walk for beer and wine.  A lot of weight in my pack but needed to get into the heat again.   Epic.  Temperatures were low 90s at that point..now down to 88 imby.  Heading out to Home Depot for more citronella unless the little store nearby has them.....summer rocks!

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

It's insane out.  Even SLK putting up 90s at 1,600ft.

Many on this board are now cooling off a bit thanks to the marine influence.  Those of us well inland are going to a very, very warm night.  Temps are not going anywhere fast with a 76F dew. Im still over 94F and its 6pm.  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

Many on this board are now cooling off a bit thanks to the marine influence.  Those of us well inland are going to a very, very warm night.  Temps are not going anywhere fast with a 76F dew. Im still over 94F and its 6pm.  

You have ac?

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah ...very upright (N-S) breeze boundary ...came thru here at about that exact same time down here in Ayer...  Just the tree limbs wobbled but that's all it took to chop to 97 to 91 in about 10 min... Presently 90.5...

I don't think this is a BD if anyone is wondering... Remember, we had very light or no gradient in place. Really probably a miracle we held out this long without this thing punching west, but with heights rising and suppression steadily increasing ...most mechanics are belated so it make sense I suppose.

Looking at the 18z NAM ... tomorrow appears on the FRH grid to be a carbon copy day...  One notable difference for the shore zones in the E... the wind does kick around to the WSW late in the day... so whatever heat is in metrowest say 4 or 5 pm is likely going to goose ur temps considerably at that time when it floods back east (if these numbers verify).   But, 850s are 22 or 23 C and RH < 50% at all sigma levels so unabate insolation and what is probably a very high launch pad... wouldn't shock me if momentum alone gets it a tick even higher than today - again...going by these numbers.  But, the NAM was too cold today everywhere... the Euro too. The GFS too hot...  Today was pretty much (Euro+GFS)/2

Happened to turn on WBZ around 4pm and heard the Accuweather forecast for tomorrow.  They said cooler tomorrow with a high near 85F.  Hum...

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

I'm good with the novelty of it, AC on for day #2.  

We get so many cool crisp nights that a night in the 70s is just amazing from a climo standpoint here.

4 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

mmm.. Over stated..

at 90/78 ... it's not really the same spirit as 'cooling off' even ' a bit'

it more like like less rectal steam...

2 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Happened to turn on WBZ around 4pm and heard the Accuweather forecast for tomorrow.  They said cooler tomorrow with a high near 85F.  Hum...

Well..I was speaking to SNE proper and having places like EEN-ASH-BED-FIT-ORE down to PVD -HFD in mind...

At your latitude and elevation ... I'm not sure what the profiles are...But given to the pattern recognition and very high confidence, 85 seems bit a low side -

1 hour ago, Spanks45 said:

my favorite vacation spot Marathon Florida was 92/75 last hour... My Newtown weather station was 95/78

EEN was 100/77

I mean this is just gross.

METAR KEEN 012156Z AUTO 00000KT 7SM SCT060 38/25 A2998 RMK AO2 SLP160 T03780250
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, dendrite said:

EEN was 100/77

I mean this is just gross.

METAR KEEN 012156Z AUTO 00000KT 7SM SCT060 38/25 A2998 RMK AO2 SLP160 T03780250

I remember being in Key West, heading out for the evening and it was 91/83...It was literally like someone sprayed you with a hose the second you walked out the door. It is amazing what a few degrees in dewpoint at higher temps can do to the "real feel" of the air.

77/75

High of 92F... but these dews are incredible.  Already seems like a light mist or fog out there along the ground.  No room to radiate at all.  

The dew point today has been up to 5F higher than the monthly mean of the maximum temperature for all of this past June (June had an average high of 73F).