Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July Doldrums - Summer in full effect Pattern and Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

The euros temperature call for today has been atrocious 

Yeah I don't know in particular but... the last I saw it was 95 or 96 at max for discrete location here and there...otherwise about 92 or 93...

So that's laughed out -

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah I don't know in particular but... the last I saw it was 95 or 96 at max for discrete location here and there...otherwise about 92 or 93...

So that's laughed out -

I’m talking 2 days ago.  Had BOS inland 5 miles no higher than the low 80s.

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’m talking 2 days ago.  Had BOS inland 5 miles no higher than the low 80s.

Ah... well, I'm willing to let two days ago sail...  Yesterday, I saw low 90s for most.

Either way...  Did the NAM exactly see 90 persisting at Logan on a east breeze?  

Proooobably that was missed I'm guessin'

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Ah... well, I'm willing to let two days ago sail...  Yesterday, I saw low 90s for most.

Either way...  Did the NAM exactly see 90 persisting at Logan on a east breeze?  

Proooobably that was missed I'm guessin'

NAM until yesterday suggested upper 60s

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

NAM until yesterday suggested upper 60s

I know..haha...oy!

For all our protestations over the GFS ... the highs appear biased in that regard... just not as extreme. 

I suppose in some sense, like a mash up of all guidance - go wonder...  Like (those absurd numbers of the GFS+the careening east wind of NAM + ...whatever Euro's waffling up and down the 90s)/n = 96 to 101 pretty ubiquitously

8 minutes ago, weathafella said:

All righty then....99 with HX of 109.  One more baby!  This is mby.  Wish it was Logan....

And... I don't know if we're going to turn that breeze around this time... The last three days that occurred... preceding there was a bit of a momentum acceleration with WNW here in the interior. We are still almost clam here. 

Which ...really underscores this thing!!!   Not ventilation at 97/77 is ... I dunno.  It's not hyperbole, I have never in 35 years living in this area of the country, experienced that combination.  Two of my local obs sources have been 100 and 101 respectively, both with 77 and 78 DPs!  ... Right now, 97... 

I think we've maxed ...more or less...  We appear to have entered that phase of the kiln where the temperature bounces around the cap temps.   It's 96 to 98 with a couple of lollypop 100, so adding a blip to these wouldn't be out of the question. 

Way more typically ... we get a 74 -like DP spike in the morning, but it trails off into the upper 60s on the worst days.... And if it's 100?  Usually we're down to 59 or something -

But THIS?! ... eek

The DP won't fall... ORH is 1,000 K and it's in the 70s there...This is deep

I'm also watching Friday's fropa.  I still am in a big rainfall deficit even with my 1.20" last week.  Models seem to be speeding fropa so could be a morning passage here.  Good for severe down there but I hope I don't miss out on rain chances.  Doesn't look good for many pop up storms this week up here at least.

2 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I'm also watching Friday's fropa.  I still am in a big rainfall deficit even with my 1.20" last week.  Models seem to be speeding fropa so could be a morning passage here.  Good for severe down there but I hope I don't miss out on rain chances.  Doesn't look good for many pop up storms this week up here at least.

Convection perhaps .. but, one might look for the flow to flatten that a bit .... I suspect there will be correction in there... but the longer term suggests for me we may roll things right back -

43 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

And... I don't know if we're going to turn that breeze around this time... The last three days that occurred... preceding there was a bit of a momentum acceleration with WNW here in the interior. We are still almost clam here. 

Which ...really underscores this thing!!!   Not ventilation at 97/77 is ... I dunno.  It's not hyperbole, I have never in 35 years living in this area of the country, experienced that combination.  Two of my local obs sources have been 100 and 101 respectively, both with 77 and 78 DPs!  ... Right now, 97... 

I think we've maxed ...more or less...  We appear to have entered that phase of the kiln where the temperature bounces around the cap temps.   It's 96 to 98 with a couple of lollypop 100, so adding a blip to these wouldn't be out of the question. 

Midwest/corn belt type airmass.   Congrats