• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July Doldrums - Summer in full effect Pattern and Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

This is high end stuff for humidity.  I'm impressed.

86/75 last hour at MVL.  Back to back 75F dews.  

The climo in the mountain valleys makes that even more ridiculous...in a field no less.  The climo here is warmer but drier during the day from compressional aspects of light terrain breezes, lowering the humidity on most sunny days and boosting temps an extra degree or two.  

But this air mass is full on crazy to keep spitting 75F dews in a NNE mountain valley setting.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is high end stuff for humidity.  I'm impressed.

86/75 last hour at MVL.  Back to back 75F dews.  

The climo in the mountain valleys makes that even more ridiculous...in a field no less.  The climo here is warmer but drier during the day from compressional aspects of light terrain breezes, lowering the humidity on most sunny days and boosting temps an extra degree or two.  

But this air mass is full on crazy to keep spitting 75F dews in a NNE mountain valley setting.

I was just commenting in a different media circle with those Mets... The hourly round-up for NWS is probably challenging the "by hour" readings spanning multiple decades.

We're doing this between noon and 1pm folks!

Norwood, 97/73 ... Orange 96/72 ... Keene 97/74 ...Lawrence 94/74 ... and Boston actually rose to 91 on an east breeze!    Worcester is only 89/ ..but with a DP of 73 that's a sick combination for 1,000 kt! ..that site is destined to 91 or 92 I suspect. 

Here in town, my three closed meso sites (mine is down) are 97 to 100 respectively with DPs running 75+ 

One thing we are noticing is that there is a large enough density in back yard sites in agreement on 75 to 77 DPs ... yet, they are about 2 to 3 richer than NWS.  We are assessing that to be tarmac related ( ?) in that having a quarter mile of it from any vegetation may atone for that difference... But, it's hair-splitting...  97/74 is deathly... particularly at our level of background acclimation.

So...this is bar none the hottest I've experience in 30 years of living in interior SNE....  I've never seen DPs this elevated with temperature (probably) destined to tickle the whiskers of a 100 -

Thought so ..

Exc.. heat warning now more comprehensive... Not a big deal, btw -

to reiterate ..it has/had nothing to do with assessing error. It was about labeling it for posterity and the novelty of it... Who wants to tell their grand kids about the 101/74 day in 2018 that had heat advisories...  That's like d-shyt frosting on a priceless wedding cake -

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I think Exc Heat Warning should have been playing over a more comprehensive region...

I'm on hour two in town here in N. Middlesex at 91+/75 DPs which is in the HI ranks ... and we're destined make this condition worse, with additional hours...  Advisory undercuts this significance -

I mean...not that it ultimately matters much.  Most morons can tell the difference between hot and cold stepping out of doors.  But, for posterity and novelty, it would be nice to label this for what it really is...

there were a few days during the summer of 1995 where bdl was 98-102 with dews in the mid 70s...it was frightful and I was skinny back then and much younger

I wonder if these wind trajectories are just the variable part of "light and variable" though...

You can see where there is any cooling/offset and it's actually lining up quite well with the Euro - though the Euro is not too cool for today here in the interior, interesting enough. 

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/exper/?parms=subregional-New_England-02-48-0-100-1&checked=map&colorbars=

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I wonder if these wind trajectories are just the variable part of "light and variable" though...

You can see where there is any cooling/offset and it's actually lining up quite well with the Euro - though the Euro is not too cool for today here in the interior, interesting enough. 

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/exper/?parms=subregional-New_England-02-48-0-100-1&checked=map&colorbars=

The euros temperature call for today has been atrocious