Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Banter Thread

George BM

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
43 minutes ago, George BM said:

I'm curious...How many inches in diameter are the fireworks that are usually shot up at fireworks shows from towns and cities across the region? 

Most generic professional shows for municipalities have a bunch of 2" shells in the opener and 3"/4" for the meat of the show, with a smattering of 6" shells interspersed for effect. As you get into more expensive five-figure shows, you'll start to see a couple 8 inchers in the finale. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, yoda said:

Happy Birthday!  :) 

Though, its weird telling the Winter Grim Reaper that :lol:

The Grim Reaper doesnt know it yet, but he IS coming back on November 27. He will then make a special trip to Buda Texas where he will put me to rest for once and for all lol

• Haha 1

On 7/2/2018 at 10:52 AM, WxWatcher007 said:

Watch list or Reaper Call? 

You're lucky I'm retired. It's all about rest and relaxation these days. 

I'll drink for you as you melt in the heat. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT92ArZsoNuC4n5fpz6mzX

grim-reaper-beach-instagram-photos-swimr

Reaper Call. You are The Reaper. You are pure energy. You dont die!

Dont even bother putting me on The List. Washington DC will never see accumulating snow again til 9756. January 2019 will see some days at 88 degrees.

I am fit to be Reaped.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jebman said:

Yes. The reason is simple.

My beloved Dad passed at 930pm on June 13 this year. He was 81. My mom, who resides in Texas, has been up here, we are cleaning up frantically, we will sell my home in Dale City where Dad and I lived together for over 20 years and then we will DRIVE to Buda Texas which is 1350 miles to the SSW of Dale City. Thus begins an entirely new life for yours truly. I am not sure what I will do with the rest of my life, lol. Find a freezer to live in, probably lol.

I will still be wishing heavy snows on the Mid Atlantic though. The Reaper will be out of work forever. You guys are going to get BURIED ALIVE this winter by extreme snows. This is a scientific forecast. My proof?

I will be gone, 1300 miles SSW. Washington is going to get totally destroyed by snow this winter. Bank on this.

Really sorry about your dad. I hope life treats you as well as it can in the furnace that you're moving to. I wish you the very best. Please don't be a stranger.

5 hours ago, George BM said:

Really sorry about your dad. I hope life treats you as well as it can in the furnace that you're moving to. I wish you the very best. Please don't be a stranger.

I second all of this. Make sure there is a small air hole in that freezer! I'll tell you same as I told 007...don't be a stranger!!!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jebman said:

Thanks for all of your kind words. Well, the rain in Va will miss us, and that also is excellent practice for Austin. That place misses out on rain a LOT.

sorry for your loss, hugs. quite a few of us have lost a parent, so i can relate to whatever you are going through and if you ever need to talk, feel free!

2 hours ago, GramaxRefugee said:

Sad to see Jeb have to go, but happy to have a good son here. 

Jeb, you might have a chance for more severe wx there. Plus, I've found in TX you can see most wx patterns from such a distance. I haven't been to SA to Austin area, but have otherwise found Texans to be friendly and enjoyable to be with. 

20 good years wih Dad, and now more good years with Mom. There are many who might envy you, even though it's hard now; real hard.

Only had a sprinkle of rain here so far. Sun was out when I started, but clouds pushing back now.

Thats a good idea concerning severe - I just might have to tornado chase next spring. Yep Texans are friendly. I already spent a couple of summers down there, and even one winter lol.

2 hours ago, mappy said:

sorry for your loss, hugs. quite a few of us have lost a parent, so i can relate to whatever you are going through and if you ever need to talk, feel free!

Thanks Mappy. I wish you all the best, including record breaking snows this winter!

8 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

1300 miles.  That'd be one hell of a jebwalk

It sure would be LMAO! It would be my version of Walk Across America - jebman version lol

8 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

Sorry for your loss.

I know a guy from here that retired to that area a couple years ago, and he loves it.  He is also sort of between Austin and San Antonio which are really cool cities.  Oh and you'll be in the path of the total solar eclipse  on 4/8/2024!  You'll have to take a short flight to Denver in winter for some awesome skiing.

I'll keep that total solar eclipse in mind. Thanks! I might hit Mammoth Mtn in January of a major Nino year lol.

16 hours ago, yoda said:

I'm really sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers are with you @Jebman.  

I will make sure to take Jebwalks in your honor when we get pounded with snow this winter

Thanks Yoda. You guys are going to get destroyed this upcoming winter.

17 hours ago, George BM said:

Thanks, George BM. I might get back in the pools down there and swim more lol.

@Jebman

Sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Wishing the best for you down in Texas or wherever your Jebwalks take you. I've gotta say, you are probably the biggest influence to some of these weather boards in a really good way. All the talk of your Jebwalks in the snow and your enthusiasm for weather has certainly cheered up many on this board for years and years. No matter what weather board I've been on, I've seen people talk about their own Jebwalks using the term. Even people who have never heard of your name still use the term "Jebwalk". Now THAT is a big influence! If winter 2018-19 is somehow a biggie, this sub-forum certainly won't be the same without your enthusiasm. 

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic