• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

George BM

July Discobs Thread

32 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

.03"

Another soaker.  Glad to see Baltimore finally ending thier rainless streak.  They were due.

0.00 here. I agree. Baltimore has been shafted way too much recently.  Good for them. Drought Buster.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Just silly rates here.

I think this is the hardest I have seen it rain in all my life living here.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

.03"

Another soaker.  Glad to see Baltimore finally ending thier rainless streak.  They were due.

I genuinely wish I could ship 10 inches of what we have gotten over to your area.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tater Tot said:

They did the "Tornado: Possible" thing with the STW, so I've been more moronic before! :grad:

Both those cells down there look pretty good, though the Orange one doesn’t look quite as impressive as the last scan. 

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

So the day was a bust...unless you're in Baltimore, than you got busted

Some of those areas NE are getting it good too. Areas around Chesapeake City are getting hammered right now. Oh...to be there...

0JHSm9n.jpg

24 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I wonder how much of this bwi caught - I really want to go ahead and see the airport break the all-time monthly record now since it is so close.

.96” today as of the last update, and I think 16.39” for the month. Still need another 2”

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

.96” today as of the last update, and I think 16.39” for the month. Still need another 2”

I was just going to mention that. It looks like we're done for the evening, so whatever rain they get will have to come on Monday or Tuesday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Only 0.02”, so I basically have only Monday & Tuesday now to get 1.26” and get rainiest month IMBY. This could be tough.

Lol.  You'll get that in a half-hour Monday afternoon.

3 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Some of those areas NE are getting it good too. Areas around Chesapeake City are getting hammered right now. Oh...to be there...

0JHSm9n.jpg

I am in Northern Middletown. DE.  and that cell was wicked , heavy blinding rains, winds estimated at 40 mph, trees bending and was worried for a while, some cloud to ground strikes as well.   

• Like 3

Just some rain here. Never saw any lightning.

The cloud structure to the North and Northwest was pretty cool. This is the clouds moving through over the Francis Scott Key Bridge and a view towards Baltimore City & County. 

2018-07-27 Storm and Sunset 7.27.18 003.jpg

• Like 10

Waiting to see how Mon-Tue turns out, but at this point only 1996 (20.53") and 2003 (20.53") featured more rainfall at Martinsburg than this May-Jun-Jul period (19.12")

Those two years, along with 1942 and 1975, are the only times that MRB has gone over 50"+ for annual precipitation.  Currently at 30.75", which is 8.08" above normal through this date.