Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs Thread

George BM

• WxUSAF pinned this topic

Welcome to July in the MA. The heat is on.

Or as the forecaster who wrote the morning AFD for Mount Holly puts it-

The broad/strong ridge goes into full-on torch mode today, with 594+ dam 500-mb geopotential heights parked right over the area, supplying downright unpleasant heat.

• Like 1

Just now, H2O said:

My back got torched cutting grass yesterday. Given how there will be heat advisories the next couple days I’m glad it’s done. Grass will turn to ash soon without some rains. Looking dry this week

I have been running the sprinkler daily since Monday. Its on now. It gets old though, plus when I still see the grass burning despite it, I ultimately realize its completely futile and give up. Probably a couple more days.

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Welcome back.....I think...lol. Real nice beaches in Daytona .

89/75

Best beach week ever. Stayed on a no drive beach in a sick building. We will return. 13 hour drive is the only downside but worth it. 

90 in the shade already. Can wait to mow the field of bad dreams. 

Been a long couple months for me. Getting back to normal though. Whatever that means. Lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Man am I happy to be in OC where we have stayed around 85 yesterday and today with a little bit of a sea breeze.  This heat is so widespread with 90s well up into Quebec and Ontario; I found a 97/75 (HI 110) a couple hundred miles into Ontario.  A co-worker of mine is at some isolated lake in Quebec on a fishing trip this week and was looking forward to nice cool weather.  Ooops.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic