• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs Thread

George BM

We are getting frogchoked up here, unbelievably torrential rain. Northern Virginia is heaven on earth, I am heartbroken I have to leave it. I have over an inch of fresh rain as of 205am, more on radar as convergence continues to build.

August is going to be every bit as wet as July.

You guys are so damn lucky!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
3 hours ago, osfan24 said:

Models definitely look really dry. NAM shows some heavy rain late Thursday, but it keeps teasing with that and then it doesn't come to fruition. This looks like a huge bust. Cranky can't win them all!

Cranky actually did a great job. 

143ED0D2-08F6-4329-9C9B-BF60D6985DAB.jpeg

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

It rained a lot last night, what are you talking about?

I guess it depends on where you live? Baltimore area has gotten less than a half inch from an event that was supposed to start Monday. Don't think either metro area has really gotten anything from this unless you go out west or way down into Southern MD area.

1 minute ago, osfan24 said:

I guess it depends on where you live? Baltimore area has gotten less than a half inch from an event that was supposed to start Monday. Don't think either metro area has really gotten anything from this unless you go out west or way down into Southern MD area.

I mean, what are people's expectations? Not every rain even is going to be apocalyptic. It rained. Hard. It has been raining plenty, for weeks now. Not sure it is ohmygodbust if we get rain and it doesn't leave destruction in its wake...

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I mean, what are people's expectations? Not every rain even is going to be apocalyptic. It rained. Hard. It has been raining plenty, for weeks now. Not sure it is ohmygodbust if we get rain and it doesn't leave destruction in its wake...

I'm not sure when I said my bar is apocalyptic rain or destruction. I simply said it has not been near the event for us that Cranky hyped it up to be last week. Not really anything to get upset or argue over. He's still really good. No one is perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

July numbers for my location-

Ended month with 4.24 inches of rainfall vs a normal of 4.01, a +0.23 above average. Wettest day was on 24th with 2.13 (or about half of monthly) falling. Had 13 days with measurable, 3 days with a 'T' and 15 dry days.

Monthly high averaged 83.8 degrees vs a normal of 84.7 degrees, a -0.9 below average, warmest day was on the 4th with a 91.2 degree reading. Monthly low averaged  61.5 degrees vs a normal of 61.5 degrees, an exact match! Lowest temp recorded was 50.3 degrees on both the 9th and 10th. Overall temp for the month was 72.6 degrees vs a normal of 73.1 degrees, a -0.5 degree below average. 

Highest wind recorded for the month was 29 mph on the 2nd. No new records were set during the month.