Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs Thread

George BM

48 minutes ago, Subtropics said:

How can short range models be this wrong? DCA is going to report over an inch tonight easily. Radar looks like a rain hose.

Really? I'm under yellow returns right now and it's a very light rain. I'll be lucky to get a tenth out of this.

5 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Wet. Bwi still with all-time monthly record in play.

In play but it's going to take a big day tomorrow to make it happen, and it looks like Wednesday is our best shot for a big rain, not tomorrow. Think we need about two inches at BWI to break it, which is going to take some serious rain obviously.

• Like 1

The line that came through the DC area during rush hour looked a lot more potent on radar than it actually was. Decent rains, but it looked as though a line of storms was barreling through. Curious to see if we broke 1”, and I wouldn’t be surprised if we did because it was a nice moderate rain for a couple hours.

22 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

You're slowly catching up, and I won't mind at all if you pass me. I'm at 15.99" for the month and though I want to surpass 16, I'd be perfectly happy with 16.01"

not much yesterday, up to 13.75" now. need a good rain today to get where you're at. 

2 hours ago, osfan24 said:

I know Eskimo Joe gets heat on here for always downplaying events, but this one does look like it might be a bust/overhyped. Where's the rain?

Everybody wringing their hands because antecedent conditions are "wet".  It's the height of summer and we had a week between events.  This is a total snooze fest.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i'll tell you what's unnatural...camping without an air mattress.  that was unpleasant.  might need to make a trip to REI.

what's also unnatural is that we've had so much rain, but not much in the severe department.  it's been very tropical remnants-like recently.  i'm kinda done with this pattern.  would definitely prefer a more natural summer pattern where it's generally partly to mostly sunny/warm during the day with popcorn storms in the afternoon.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic