Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July Discobs Thread

George BM

8 hours ago, 87storms said:

been in a split for the most part since the saturday deluge. spotty showers, but clearly bmore has gotten raked.  every time i look at the radar, there's more training moving up the bay.

Can confirm :unsure: 13.46" 

North Point State Park area

7/21   3.9"

7/22  4.66"

7/23  2.04"

7/24   2.86"

According to my local PWS, I've gotten 11" of rain in NW Baltimore since Saturday.

As much as I love extreme/unusual weather, I need this rain to stop! My local water table has risen to a point 3 inches below the top of my sump pit. My sump pump is unplugged right now because whatever it pumps out is just getting replaced by groundwater below. 

I really hope the water table recedes a lot today before we get any more rain - I can't handle my finished basement getting flooded right now.

First year of owning a home and between this event and the wind storm that knocked down a tree in my backyard I'm going to go crazy from anxiety. 

• Like 1

HRRR looks like the focus will be on the coast and not really much around here except for some scattered activity late in the day. We shall see. Friday evening appears to have some potential. Looks like generally dry though for the next 5 days before we commence Round 2 on Monday.

almost 2" yesterday, 2.3" since midnight. Up to 9.75" now. 

Little Falls in my area flooded overnight, not surprised as it was running real high yesterday. Part of the road was damaged and i could see all the grass laying down and mud everywhere. Kid loved seeing it :lol: 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Abbyme24 said:

According to my local PWS, I've gotten 11" of rain in NW Baltimore since Saturday.

As much as I love extreme/unusual weather, I need this rain to stop! My local water table has risen to a point 3 inches below the top of my sump pit. My sump pump is unplugged right now because whatever it pumps out is just getting replaced by groundwater below. 

I really hope the water table recedes a lot today before we get any more rain - I can't handle my finished basement getting flooded right now.

First year of owning a home and between this event and the wind storm that knocked down a tree in my backyard I'm going to go crazy from anxiety. 

I know exactly what you mean. I am just up the hill from you and we have gotten 13.43". I may unplug my pump and see how high the water reaches.

6.81" Saturday

0.82" Sunday

2.68" Monday

3.12" Tuesday

13.43" total 

By the way, BWI is at 15.29" for the month.

I've only received 9.5 inches since Saturday (Frederick had its fun in May). What is crazy is that I've had 54.31 inches of precipitation so far this year. Frederick's yearly average is 40.59 inches. We still have 5 and a half months to go!

Main road out of Sandbridge Beach to get to the VA Beach area is still closed so we are stuck for now.  They did say that people could cut through a military base to get out but they probably want a better reason than beer runs, etc. LOL.

I wish we'd clear out so we could get some beach time and maybe get a thunderstorm.  All I've seen is rain with no lightning.  No fun in that!  Although we can't take any wind with how soaked the ground is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

8.29” since Saturday.  We couldn’t have spread this out nicely over the summer, could we.

i should have qualified by saying that since saturday i meant not including saturday, which probably makes no sense, but basically we had about 4-5" saturday and about 1.5-2.5" since then.  closer to bmore they've had about double (or more) the amounts of the dc area since the saturday event.  

long story short, saturday was pretty epic here.  not quite as epic since then, but still wet.  more epic towards bmore.

4 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I know exactly what you mean. I am just up the hill from you and we have gotten 13.43". I may unplug my pump and see how high the water reaches.

6.81" Saturday

0.82" Sunday

2.68" Monday

3.12" Tuesday

13.43" total 

By the way, BWI is at 15.29" for the month.

holy crow. almost 7" on Saturday alone?? I barely got 2" IMBY Saturday. 

3 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Northern Baltimore County through Selinsgrove, PA is the winner.  Some unreal flooding ongoing in PA right now.

I've been tweeting a few things about the flooding up my way this morning. water rescue, couple roads washed out, and that's at the top of the gunpowder falls estuary. even worse down in Glencoe 

and some of the PA videos are unreal. 

53 minutes ago, mappy said:

holy crow. almost 7" on Saturday alone?? I barely got 2" IMBY Saturday. 

I've been tweeting a few things about the flooding up my way this morning. water rescue, couple roads washed out, and that's at the top of the gunpowder falls estuary. even worse down in Glencoe and some of the PA videos are unreal. 

Yeah, most of that nearly 7" on Saturday came in about 2.5 hours starting around 9pm. Nonstop heavy rain. 

Here are the rain totals past 7 days (and probably since Saturday for most of us).

IMG_0508.thumb.PNG.267ec239be0c43d67b196504eb1e724d.PNG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Line of developing storms oriented with the flow.  Of course, just to my west.  Am staring at the very dark clouds, watching the rain pass harmlessly by.

The activity is probably terrain induced too.  Flood Warning issues just now it looks like.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic