• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs Thread

George BM

OK is is absolutely POURING in Sandbridge Beach (few miles S of VA Beach) and has been for hours.  We went out last night and the two-way road leading to the beach had lots of areas of standing water and it wasn't even raining yesterday afternoon/evening.  People's yards on both sides had water almost up to their front doors.  I can only imagine what that road looks like now. :mellow:  Yeah uh we're not going anywhere for a while. 

6 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Awful.  I can't imagine if we had organized severe at this point. 

Very sad . I worry a bit that as soil moisture increases a high impact wind event would spell big time trouble in these parts. 

NWS was totally crazy setting up HEAVY RAIN headlines for last night, today, tonight and Wednesday.

I can see 'Showers, some may be heavy' and a 50 percent chance of rain each period, but that crazy crazy crap early this morning about TWO TO FOUR INCHES OF RAIN PER HOUR - thats the stuff that should get forecasters FIRED with no pension.

I alone know the weather, besides God.

And I declare that Dale City shall have light showers through Wed morning then clearing. Total additional measurable rain in Dale City may be a half inch.

Those stupid HEAVY RAIN headlines are nonsense. Whoever set them should be set on the street with no home for the rest of their natural life.

NWS I fooking DEMAND you reset the weather headlines for today and tomorrow for Dale City.

50 percent SHOWERS, not HEAVY RAIN.

There will be no more heavy rain in these parts til September.

We need to dry the fvck out! This is frackin' ridiculous!

I am sick to death of rain! Where is the sun?

1 minute ago, mdhokie said:

Sorry for the broken record but another fabulous day at ocean city. Sunny, broken clouds, nice breeze. Forecast has been heavy rain each day since Saturday, a welcome bust :)

Congrats ! I wish I were there! I'd love a good sunburn at the beach, beer and a kick back babe lol

1 minute ago, mdhokie said:

Sorry for the broken record but another fabulous day at ocean city. Sunny, broken clouds, nice breeze. Forecast has been heavy rain each day since Saturday, a welcome bust :)

Yea the NJ, DE and MD/VA beaches lucked out.  Probably real humid down there though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

The blocking Atlantic ridge will begin to break down allowing the trough to the west to progress east tonight and tomorrow, so you should get some heavy rain there, especially tomorrow into Thursday morning.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

The blocking Atlantic ridge will begin to break down allowing the trough to the west to progress east tonight and tomorrow, so you should get some heavy rain there, especially tomorrow into Thursday morning.

It can’t happen soon enough. We are back under heavy returns. So far we’ve been fortunate here and have a lot of standing water in the yard, but the sump pump has handled the basement other than wall seepage that I took care of by breaking up the thin concrete over the French drain.

My friends and neighbors haven’t been so lucky. My next door neighbor had 3 feet of water in her basement yesterday when a gfi switch kicked and turned off her pump. And my friend down the street had her sump pump go on the fritz last night and was up all night keeping her finished basement semi dry with a vacuum. The plumber is there now as I type putting in a new floatless pump and replacing the battery on the backup.

But I’m clogging the thread. I want to hear npz complain some more.

• Haha 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic