Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs Thread

George BM

3 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Meso guidance (the NAMs...RGEM, HRRR) look dry <2" over 2 days outside of a rogue sweet spot.

The main event was the organized coastal low. Yesterday's heavy rain was due to a compact vort max that enhanced lift, and also a localized frontal boundary that set up near the bay. Will probably see mostly hit or miss convection over the next couple days, then maybe a more widespread area of rain later Thursday with a cold front attempting to move through.

21 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

The main event was the organized coastal low. Yesterday's heavy rain was due to a compact vort max that enhanced lift, and also a localized frontal boundary that set up near the bay. Will probably see mostly hit or miss convection over the next couple days, then maybe a more widespread area of rain later Thursday with a cold front attempting to move through.

meh

Pond fishing is probably still viable.

True. Wish I had a few unknown farm ponds in my back pocket....where the the big boys spend all summer porking up.Lol. I used to but not anything local anymore. Mostly river and creek floats...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

True. Wish I had a few unknown farm ponds in my back pocket....where the the big boys spend all summer porking up.Lol. I used to but not anything local anymore. Mostly river and creek floats...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you don't mind a drive:

1.) Pond in front of Pleasant Valley Fire Department (Carroll County)

2.) This pond here in Montgomery Village of Duffer Way:  HERE

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Is that pond public? I might want to check it out.

On topic, a quick tropical downpour here and now blue skies.

Yea, it's an abandoned golf course so there's about 4 or 5 water hazards that you can walk.  I've always parked on Duffer Way and then I go and fish them.  Got some bass around 16" in them...top water plugs work well.

i don't anticipate a saturday style rain to get to the totals.  it will probably be spotty, some boom, some busts, typical of summer.  the idea is that any cells are going to dump like they did yesterday.  satellite imagery looks good, and shows the moisture plume pretty well.

also, i have none...and i mean absolutely no desire for winter right now.  completely satisfied with being able to step outside in shorts and a t-shirt, whether it's raining or not.  winter around here has become overrated.  4 months of chasing scraps.  thunderstorms and pool weather for the win...until the euro shows a 4-8" overrunning system from the south and a nice high to the north.  until then, i'm out.  summertime ftw.

• Like 1

Wore my bean boots b/c I thought we were going to be the bullseye today. Actually, had a some moderate rain when I left this am. That lasted for about 15 mins. After that...nada!  

The skies look like a hurricane is offshore but we're outside of the impact zone. And really muggy. Just clouds moving fast and some openings of blue skies. Sun peeked through a few times.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic