• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs Thread

George BM

9.63" since Saturday. The storm that came through yesterday evening was electrified like crazy. I witnessed 2 trees within 200' of each other get struck by lightning. I was standing on my patio about 200' from the action. The second one (closest one) had me running for the door. Trees were sliding off the hillside that is along the road that I use to access my neighborhood. We were trapped in here by trees to the left and floods to the right. Wild day

58 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Pity 60 second downpour as the bulk of the complex passed to my ENE.

Can I join your pity party? Nothing in my yard yesterday or overnight, although a few miles to my west had 4 rounds of heavy rain amounting to 3+ inches. The prospects here look meh for today, as most of the action should be over central MD and N VA. And I bet you get an inch+ today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dailylurker said:

9.63" since Saturday. The storm that came through yesterday evening was electrified like crazy. I witnessed 2 trees within 200' of each other get struck by lightning. I was standing on my patio about 200' from the action. The second one (closest one) had me running for the door. Trees were sliding off the hillside that is along the road that I use to access my neighborhood. We were trapped in here by trees to the left and floods to the right. Wild day

Really shows how localized this storm is.  I'm not far from you, but "only" have about 6"

12 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I got bullseyed big time yesterday. I was in DC when it started. It didn't get until I got just east of Bowie. Then the sky opened up like wild.

Got bullseyed on the western front too in Germantown, can even see it on the total rainfall maps, a small sliver of MoCo with 7+" from that one portion of the event.

I'm at about 9" including that storm and everything since.

Reminded me of the flooding event I had in Baton Rouge, except it was basically 2 straight days of the worst parts of it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Can I join your pity party? Nothing in my yard yesterday or overnight, although a few miles to my west had 4 rounds of heavy rain amounting to 3+ inches. The prospects here look meh for today, as most of the action should be over central MD and N VA. And I bet you get an inch+ today.

Depends.  How much did you get Saturday?  Party is only for those who have received less than 1" since this epic period began saturday.

BTW, round 2 is passing safely to my west.  There is just as good a chance of me getting a foot of snow today, as getting an inch of rain.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I feel your pain. Water rescues and flooding just 25 miles southwest of me from post midnight storms, and I got 0.13" in my backyard during the same time period.

50 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Depends.  How much did you get Saturday?  Party is only for those who have received less than 1" since this epic period began saturday.

BTW, round 2 is passing safely to my west.  There is just as good a chance of me getting a foot of snow today, as getting an inch of rain.

Just under 2.5" on Saturday. I guess I am out. :( 

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

Their morning AFD is pretty tame.

Talking about the Tuesday portion

SHORT TERM /TUESDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT/...
Things get worse on Tue as moisture plume moves a bit more
inland and aims at Washington DC. Model signal is stronger for
heavy rainfall with showers/t-storms falling over saturated
soils. Coordination with neighboring WFOs was not to issue the
flood watch for multiple days, but obviously the riks of flash
flooding will be extremely high. WPC Day ERO has moderate risk
for almost the entire area.

5 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Meh.  Decent wind max showing up on the SPC meso analysis this morning though...might get a few wet microbursts this afternoon in NOVA and S. MD.

Well we have good effective shear and bulk shear... as well as some decent SBCAPE/MLCAPE... could see an isolated tornado as well

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic