Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs Thread

George BM

5 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

I hate this time of year where the radar can look great 5 miles from you, but you are somehow sure that the whole thing will just collapse.  Rocking 0.02" so far.

5? Try like 1 or less for me. Getting NPZ-level raintease here.

2 minutes ago, JWilliam9830 said:

I got 0.03'' of rain yesterday in a shower that passed by... other than that the last rainfall was June 24. Don't worry we'll probably break that dry streak tomorrow and get a decent downpour!

The last inch or greater of rain was June 11.

I feel ya. My storm was headed toward me perfectly. As loud and obnoxious with thunder and lightning as could be. Somehow it went poof over my house and blew up to my east north and south. I was left with scraps. .14 so far. I say so far because I'm hoping that action to the Southwest comes by and scrapes me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yoda said:

In September?

Late August through the first half of September. If it were peak season with the upcoming pattern of a high amplitude trough with the trough axis just west of the Appalachian Mountains, I would think that we would be talking about tropical systems tracking along or up the eastern seaboard potentially giving us decent impacts.

6 minutes ago, Jebman said:

Dale City got  annihilated by that thunderstorm. We had dangerous lightning. I picked up an inch and a half of rain. I should be Texas-Bound in about 10-14 days. Not particularly happy about it either, lol.

I got .15 just to your west. Almost a complete whiff.

I did pretty well yesterday. Had a few loud cracks of thunder, a little wind, and some periodically heavy downpours. Had storms develop just to my east to start the day and then slowly re-develop back toward me, and then had a final group of cells push through a couple hours later. There was actually a STW with the last cell but it kinda died out some as it rolled through. Needed some rain though, so that was nice.

Seems for some reason we have not been able to cash in on the high PW vapor present the last few times, maybe today. But, like in winters with back luck when I see the rain falling only then will I believe it . A week and a half ago I was watering my garden during the flood watch ;-)      

3 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

The 06z 3km NAM is a hilarious DC split.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic