• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs Thread

George BM

we 100% need some rain here.  not like what we had a month ago, but some garden variety effects are needed so we can keep some of that greenery intact.  we've had an epic sunny stretch here.  the heat generally doesn't bother me unless it's in the mid-upper 90s, but the clouds today are welcome for some natural shade.

6 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

I am enjoying the mostly cloudy skies this morning; it's good for the extensive watering of the garden beds.  Even the vincas are complaining, and those things are tough.

So, anyone got thoughts on a possible cut off low setting up near the coast next weekend?  How ironic it would be if after weeks of dry, we get a wet week while we are on our family reunion trip in VA Beach (21st-28th). :o  LOL I am already getting texts from relatives asking why their phone weather apps are showing the thunderstorm icon every day that week.

Tent camping on the lower Eastern Shore from this coming Friday through next weekend.  Last year we tried twice there; the first weekend in July and again on Labor Day weekend.  Got dumped on both times.  Reserved this site over a month ago but the forecast isn't looking too promising for tenting or beaching.  Guess we will bring the bikes in the event it's a washout.

46 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

Tent camping on the lower Eastern Shore from this coming Friday through next weekend.  Last year we tried twice there; the first weekend in July and again on Labor Day weekend.  Got dumped on both times.  Reserved this site over a month ago but the forecast isn't looking too promising for tenting or beaching.  Guess we will bring the bikes in the event it's a washout.

We'll be reading the Wakefield forecast discussion this week LOL.  This is what they are saying now:  

Introduced chance PoPs beginning early afternoon on Friday, continuing into Saturday.
It is the GFS that suggests much of this precip will fall along and east
of I-95. With that in mind, the 12z GFS is a wetter solution than
the new 12z EURO, which would actually keep much of the area dry
Friday and Saturday. In other words, no reason to change your
outdoor plans Fri-Sat quite yet...model agreement is low during this
period, so stay tuned.

First rain yesterday in a while was a relief.   Mount Holly states this AM the PW is at a climate high for tomorrow for my region and HM chimmed in on social media thinking robust rainfall potential tomorrow for the Delaware  Valley is a good bet. I am closer to this region, versus Philly,  but I like the odds tomorrow. Also, seeing more and more evidence that cooler and wetter pattern develops soon and lasts into early August.    

• Like 1

Nice thunder and close lightning at my house. It is struggling mightily to rain though. Not even full coverage on the ground and the storm is almost beyond me. Some very Vivid lightning close in though.

Edit: .11 now in a decent shower at the tail end. 

16 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I have literally had zero measurable rainfall (not even 0.01") since June 27... this might be a rain futility record IMBY but I'll have to check.

I got 0.03'' of rain yesterday in a shower that passed by... other than that the last rainfall was June 24. Don't worry we'll probably break that dry streak tomorrow and get a decent downpour!

The last inch or greater of rain was June 11.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic