• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July Discobs Thread

George BM

53.7 for the low. Need to weed the beds and lay weed and feed on the lawn, which is rapidly being invaded by crabgrass and weeds that grow during drought. Been about 17 days since the last drop of rain at my house. Getting that mid summer nasty look.

48 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I dug 375 pounds of potatoes and hardly broke a sweat. Stunningly beautiful morning. 

That should keep you going until at least sol 500!

I agree with everyone. This is a stellar weekend for even September, and I'll take as many more of these that we can get. I also just heard my first cicada of the season.

• Like 1

Went to Antietam Sat for the concert and fireworks display.  Unfortunately, half of them blew up on the ground. It certainly felt like fall though.  Kids and wife were bundled up in blankets....beautiful days and evenings to be outside this weekend.  Also, the grass is slowing down its growth finally.  No more bailing hay in the backyard every time I mow....

Lows this weekend of 54/57

• Like 1

On 7/9/2018 at 1:58 PM, yoda said:

Has to get rid of the dry air entrainment first on the NE and E side of the convection... probably will be hurricane tomorrow sometime

Hey Yoda what are your feelings about the developing SST profile off the East Coast , conducive to storms for the Fall season if it holds and a earlier start to Fall or stable grounds for the Bermuda High to linger into November ?

Wonder if we get twin Nor Easters like the Fall of 2002, rememebr those. A signal of a stormy and cold winter was coming .     

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Looks like we are going to get to mid-month with a T of rain at DCA.  I think that there are only 2 or 3 Julys that have ended up with <1" of precip.

You see any changes in the Pac that might help us here with rainfall the second part of July?

I see the talk of the El Nino standing wave.

47 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Gfs tries to get some rain in our area by the end of it's run. Of course that will change in 6 hours, but it's better then nothing, I guess.

06z GFS gets rain into our region by middle of next week after hour 162... then proceeds to finishs the run by giving us a total of around 4 inches of rain throughout the last 7 days 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frd said:

You see any changes in the Pac that might help us here with rainfall the second part of July?

I see the talk of the El Nino standing wave.

The thing is, it isn't like the entire east coast has been dry.  We've just been in a particularly bad spot.  The ensembles aren't showing much change yet, so hopefully we can score with a couple of the frontal passages coming up. 

39 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

The thing is, it isn't like the entire east coast has been dry.  We've just been in a particularly bad spot.  The ensembles aren't showing much change yet, so hopefully we can score with a couple of the frontal passages coming up. 

Yes that is true,  there were times when North of Baltimore received good rains and also to my East. But here below Wilmington Delaware it has been dry as a bone. I almost feel it has effected the bug population , less flowers and buds and overall dryness. Anything will help. I see the over EPS has trended wetter over the Midwest but it appears looking out in time we miss on rain to our South or just do not get a lot.  

43 minutes ago, JWilliam9830 said:

Went for a bike ride and back. That air is horribly dry and sinuses are a little upset because of that. Little spots of green grass, otherwise the other 90% or more of MBY is torch

LOL dews are in the 50s, this is perfect.  I was out in California last week and dews were in the 30s, that was a little rough on the sinuses. 

• Like 1

I am enjoying the mostly cloudy skies this morning; it's good for the extensive watering of the garden beds.  Even the vincas are complaining, and those things are tough.

So, anyone got thoughts on a possible cut off low setting up near the coast next weekend?  How ironic it would be if after weeks of dry, we get a wet week while we are on our family reunion trip in VA Beach (21st-28th). :o  LOL I am already getting texts from relatives asking why their phone weather apps are showing the thunderstorm icon every day that week.

13 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

I am enjoying the mostly cloudy skies this morning; it's good for the extensive watering of the garden beds.  Even the vincas are complaining, and those things are tough.

So, anyone got thoughts on a possible cut off low setting up near the coast next weekend?  How ironic it would be if after weeks of dry, we get a wet week while we are on our family reunion trip in VA Beach (21st-28th). :o  LOL I am already getting texts from relatives asking why their phone weather apps are showing the thunderstorm icon every day that week.

That would actually suck.  I'm traveling all this week, coming home for the weekend, and then back-out all the next week too.  Really need to be able to tend to the yard next weekend.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic