• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

Those unreliable weather apps and the nws are making it look like that though. Weather underground currently has the gloomy cloudy icon with showers and only low 80s for Saturday July 21 for NYC and then only low 80s July 22-July 25 with nothing but gray skies and numerous rain chances with no breaks of sun in between which is definitely not July like weather

1 minute ago, sb7916 said:

Those unreliable weather apps and the nws are making it look like that though. Weather underground currently has the gloomy cloudy icon with showers and only low 80s for Saturday July 21 for NYC and then only low 80s July 22-July 25 with nothing but gray skies and numerous rain chances with no breaks of sun in between which is definitely not July like weather

You said low 70s before? Now it’s low 80s after I call you out lol

And even though no forecast says that now if there isn't enough of sun during that time frame and the clouds dominate it could still be possible that we get stuck in the low 70s. Just take today for example. It was still raining at 1pm this afternoon and the temps were stuck well below normal in the low 70s

1 minute ago, sb7916 said:

And even though no forecast says that now if there isn't enough of sun during that time frame and the clouds dominate it could still be possible that we get stuck in the low 70s. Just take today for example. It was still raining at 1pm this afternoon and the temps were stuck well below normal in the low 70s

You joined 4 hours ago definitely a troll. Trying to figure out who you could be...

Special Weather Statement

National Weather Service New York NY
329 PM EDT SUN JUL 15 2018

NYZ067-152015-
Orange-

...A STRONG THUNDERSTORM WILL AFFECT NORTHEASTERN ORANGE COUNTY...

At 328 PM EDT, a strong thunderstorm was located over Walden, moving
southeast at 10 mph.

Winds in excess of 30 mph and pea size hail are possible with this
storm.

Locations impacted include...
Newburgh, Walden, New Windsor, Gardnertown, Montgomery, Orange Lake,
Washingtonville, Firthcliffe, Vails Gate, Balmville and Maybrook.

LAT...LON 4161 7410 4160 7409 4160 7408 4152 7400
      4146 7400 4131 7422 4158 7428 4161 7425
      4159 7419 4159 7418 4158 7413 4161 7413
TIME...MOT...LOC 1928Z 318DEG 9KT 4156 7419

$$

MD

8 minutes ago, sb7916 said:

When I have a weather concern i just talk about it in the forum. I don't try to troll. I'm not like that

You are like a petulant 10 yr old. Who cares what you want? Weather is what it is. You act like heat is owed to you. We would all like it to be 29 and snowing Dec-Feb but sometimes it's 40's for days on end. Seriously dude, you act like an angry child having a tantrum and make the whole thread unreadable. 

1 minute ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

National Weather Service New York NY

NYZ067-152015-
Orange-

...A STRONG THUNDERSTORM WILL AFFECT NORTHEASTERN ORANGE COUNTY...

At 328 PM EDT, a strong thunderstorm was located over Walden, moving
southeast at 10 mph.

Winds in excess of 30 mph and pea size hail are possible with this
storm.

Locations impacted include...
Newburgh, Walden, New Windsor, Gardnertown, Montgomery, Orange Lake,
Washingtonville, Firthcliffe, Vails Gate, Balmville and Maybrook.

LAT...LON 4161 7410 4160 7409 4160 7408 4152 7400
      4146 7400 4131 7422 4158 7428 4161 7425
      4159 7419 4159 7418 4158 7413 4161 7413
TIME...MOT...LOC 1928Z 318DEG 9KT 4156 7419

$$

MD

It's moving South not Southeast.. 

Oh ok. Sorry for acting like that. Just don't enjoy chilly raw weather at all especially more so during the summer. And on the subject of snow I also hate snow as well. Used to like it when I was a kid but now that I'm an adult and enjoying going out and not having to stay stuck at home I hate it now.

7 minutes ago, sb7916 said:

Oh ok. Sorry for acting like that. Just don't enjoy chilly raw weather at all especially more so during the summer. And on the subject of snow I also hate snow as well. Used to like it when I was a kid but now that I'm an adult and enjoying going out and not having to stay stuck at home I hate it now.

If you come to the realization that "normal" is basically the average of extremes, you won't be disappointed. You loved it when it was pushing 100 at the beginning of the month. That was not normal summer weather. Average that out with several days in the murky low 70s and guess what.... You get closer to normal on paper even though it was achieved by +/- 13 days

9 minutes ago, sb7916 said:

Eh, I doubt you're really an adult. Being "stuck at home" because of snow or cold is a teenager's excuse for playing hooky... the rest of us know that time is precious, so we find ways to enjoy life regardless of the weather.

No more rain here this afternoon, but distant thunder for hours on end is always a nice touch this time of year.

8 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Where are you seeing temps that high in central NJ? The highest I saw was in far S NJ at 88F. 

https://www.njweather.org/maps/nj-statewide-air-temperatures-daily-max

LOL..kinda funny how a station is Bergen County reached a high of 89 when I click on that link. Do you think I am making this stuff up?

There seems to be a lot of confusion with the forecast for next weekend. The NWS is saying several areas of low pressure may affect the area while others are saying it's a frontal system while another one was saying another heatwave may start getting underway starting on Saturday July 21 so in reality what is really going on with the forecast for next weekend into the week of July 23?

6 minutes ago, sb7916 said:

There seems to be a lot of confusion with the forecast for next weekend. The NWS is saying several areas of low pressure may affect the area while others are saying it's a frontal system while another one was saying another heatwave may start getting underway starting on Saturday July 21 so in reality what is really going on with the forecast for next weekend into the week of July 23?

Who cares?  It's a week away-It can and will change 20x.

• Like 2