Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

1 minute ago, doncat said:

Best storm I've seen in awhile...Im not at my station right now but had 1.39" of rain in about 15 minutes before power went out...Best lightning and thunder in awhile also.

I got my rain gauge out for this one...it looked like it was going to miss me here in SE Eltinville...it was moving ne but expanded east over me...getting heavy rain as I type...

2 hours ago, uncle W said:

watched this one develop and it really blew up enough to effect me near my house...the temp dropped 15 degrees so far... traffic is always bad here...40 years ago you could drive over the bridge and through Staten Island in ten minutes...now it takes over a half hour on a good Friday evening...

I loathe going there in the daytime, it’s always clogged. I’m not exactly sure what causes the bottleneck, that stretch of 278 is pretty high capacity, and flanked by two major crossings, you’d think it’d flow more freely.

I saw the billowing clouds to the West while exiting the Verrazano, looked quite surreal, like a painting of heaven hovering over SI/Jersey/Manhattan. I took the lower level as the upper level was at a literal standstill due to an accident, I imagine much of those people were still stuck on the bridge during the storm.

8 minutes ago, SI Mailman said:

2.75 and counting now under this latest cell. More thunder and lightning strikes in the area.  Probably going to be close to 3 inches in 3 hours with a little lull in the middle.

there's more to the southwest of us near Philadelphia and the Jersey shore...if that gets up this far it will be a 5" event...it's raining to hard to go out and check my gauge...gotta be over 3" by now...

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, uncle W said:

there's more to the southwest of us near Philadelphia and the Jersey shore...if that gets up this far it will be a 5" event...it's raining to hard to go out and check my gauge...gotta be over 3" by now...

3.02" so far for this event...not bad and it aint over yet...