Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

56 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Will be short lived, numerous showers are developing over NE NJ and SE NY.

that won't get me here.   The stuff further south will  maybe get me this eve.    Odd that all models showing it going east or dying out.  I'm right on the line based on RGEM, GFS, NAM etc. They either kill the stuff over SE VA or shoot it east.

1 hour ago, Poker2015 said:

I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeally hoping for a nice Saturday. Its the Quick Check Balloon Festival and the last couple years have been washouts or enough storms in the area that the balloons didn't go up. 10th year i'm having 50+ people at my house and I think we have seen the balloons go up 2 times that night, and never in my direction...

Hey, I'm having about 50 at my house too for this.  Last year we had people on Saturday and they didn't go up.  But of course on Sunday evening when we didn't have a party one landed 3 homes away.  Nice to see another Branchburg person posting.

56 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Pattern looks to continue-GFS dries us out Sunday but looks to get wet again next week

Has been pretty dry past few days here...0.07 last 48 hours and rest of today looks dry too. 

Having a party for my grandfathers 99th birthday on Sunday so I hope it stays dry

1 hour ago, Brian5671 said:

that won't get me here.   The stuff further south will  maybe get me this eve.    Odd that all models showing it going east or dying out.  I'm right on the line based on RGEM, GFS, NAM etc. They either kill the stuff over SE VA or shoot it east.

What can I say? You're in the rain hole.

Down here it's been one of the wettest periods in recent memory, with the only exception being most of yesterday afternoon and Monday afternoon.

9 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

What can I say? You're in the rain hole.

Down here it's been one of the wettest periods in recent memory, with the only exception being most of yesterday afternoon and Monday afternoon.

these set ups almost always favor inland areas, this one no exception.   Did get a 5 minute burst of heavy rain this AM that dropped .40   Getting just enough here and there... No need to water much this summer outside of a dry 3 weeks mid summer.

1 hour ago, frankdp23 said:

Hey, I'm having about 50 at my house too for this.  Last year we had people on Saturday and they didn't go up.  But of course on Sunday evening when we didn't have a party one landed 3 homes away.  Nice to see another Branchburg person posting.

Thats always the case. I feel like every year they like launching them friday night, saturday morning for the 5k, and sunday night...Saturday night they have rarely gone up in the 10 years i've been in Branchburg, even though thats probably the most crowded day there. Maybe they focus more on the balloon glow that night...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian5671 said:

the batch over the delmarva appears to be dying out now

4 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

the batch over the delmarva appears to be dying out now

models got that part right....they nail BDR and points east tonight with new activity...models had the "jump zone" yesterday and looks like they were on to something.  (this doesn't include the day time heating pop up activity we are seeing now inland)

5 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

models got that part right....they nail BDR and points east tonight with new activity...models had the "jump zone" yesterday and looks like they were on to something.  (this doesn't include the day time heating pop up activity we are seeing now inland)

We have seen the jump many times. Im not sure of the mechanism that causes it. Inland areas do well with localized convection and then an organized area of convection shoots up from (I would think the Gulf Stream) and becomes an organized area of strataform rains for eastern New England 

19 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Looking more and more likely that we end up with some light stratiform rains from the city east later. Thus totals are going to fall short of earlier forecasts 

for whatever reason, those echos are falling apart as they approach LI.  Same thing happened Monday AM