• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

There's been a lot of talk about a wetter pattern starting this weekend and going into next week. Hopefully this doesn't mean April like weather with gloomy skies all day every day and no sun at all with chilly temps. And also when is the wet pattern expected to end and put us back in drier weather again?

Heavy rain no lightning barely any thunder

Yawn

Islip

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Whenever the heavy rains arrive before the lightning, you almost always have a rapidly dying thunderstorm

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Another good event for southern nassau, up here we got around 0.75" today. 

It's been a while since the South Shore did better than the North Shore with 2 consecutive July convective events. Today was my heaviest rain in under an hour for 2016-2018. It's about time the 75+ dewpoints finally paid off.

• Like 1

There is an outdoor free movie night at Forest Park Bandshell in Woodhaven NY this Monday July 23 at 8:00pm that I'm supposed to go to and I sure hope the weather cooperates and much of the precip will end by then

26 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Got drenched here again this afternoon. Lots of loud thunder as well. My street flooded briefly. Great for all the lawns. 

One of the good things about the 2010's is that dry patterns don't have the staying power that they did back in the 1990's to early 2000's. Our dry periods have been interrupted before anything more serious than just some brown lawns.

4 hours ago, seanick said:

Wasn't a water spout. Just scud. 

Saw some low clouds just north of Tremley Point in Linden.  Originally looked like a scud, but kept lowering and looking more cylindrical, until it reached that high area in western Staten Island.

4 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

Typically these mid-afternoon thunderstorms lead to amazing sunsets, watch for that if that's your thing.

...nice call..great rainbow at the end out here.

got a little over 1"..diggin' the temp drop..currently @ 65*.

26 minutes ago, Mancave25 said:

Could anyone tell me what next week looks like weather wise, going down the shore for the week. What day is the worse day?

Sun and Monday do not look great at this point.  The whole week actually looks somewhat unsettled-not rainouts, but chances of storms each day....