Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

77 now along the South Shore as the marine layer is keeping the temperatures more comfortable today. 

On the train to manahttan right now and the marine layer disappeared when I got to Freeport. I think the western half of the island should do pretty well. Water temps are about as warm as they get around here so the marine influence isn't as pronounced as usual

15 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

based on the current radar its definitely out to lunch

I was just coming here to post about this. Laughable that the 17z run of HRRR is showing nothing for northern Jersey while a solid line of heavy storms is moving through. Don't know how it could miss something so obvious.

Initially the storm was weak sauce, almost no wind and no lightning.

However you can see how the line is sort of training from SW to NE in NJ, and now I'm under a torrential downpour with frequent lightning.

No wind or hail to speak of, just a solid Summer thunderstorm.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

I was just coming here to post about this. Laughable that the 17z run of HRRR is showing nothing for northern Jersey while a solid line of heavy storms is moving through. Don't know how it could miss something so obvious.

It’s also clueless with all that stuff after 23Z.  I would think this event is all over by 21-22 at worst for NYC  

Drove bout 6 miles btwn yonkers and the Bronx went through dry and wet areas several times none of them more than 3/4 mile or so, FL style. Had no service to see radar so was flying blind. 

As I type the skies open torrential rain, and windy..gullywashers