Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

35 minutes ago, Mancave25 said:

I can't believe that the week I take off for vac. Is when its going to rain everything day 

Guess we know who to blame then! But I don't think it will be a 'spring' type rain where it is drizzly all day. It looks to me like very humid conditions with downpours. Not a great week, but could be better for sure.

the latest HRRR actually has nothing for some areas

John Homenuk @jhomenuk 6m6 minutes ago
Intriguing interaction on the latest short term models in the Northeast - initial/currently ongoing convection weakens over E PA while new convection forms along moist axis (seabreeze enhancement?) in NJ. Scenario would spare NNJ/NYC from more intense storms. #njwx #nywx
DiUgT4EWsAE6jni.jpg
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

the latest HRRR actually has nothing for some areas

John Homenuk @jhomenuk 6m6 minutes ago
Intriguing interaction on the latest short term models in the Northeast - initial/currently ongoing convection weakens over E PA while new convection forms along moist axis (seabreeze enhancement?) in NJ. Scenario would spare NNJ/NYC from more intense storms. #njwx #nywx
DiUgT4EWsAE6jni.jpg

While the HRRR is to much of an erratic model in my opinion with known large run to run swings but if Earthlight is posting that it is probably something we should keep an eye on and wouldn't be all that surprised if it did or didn't happen.

5 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

While the HRRR is to much of an erratic model in my opinion with known large run to run swings but if Earthlight is posting that it is probably something we should keep an eye on and wouldn't be all that surprised if it did or didn't happen.

I think he was just putting it out there, guess we'll see. The new hrrr already looks a bit different