• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

Next 8 days averaging 78degs., or 3degs. AN.

Month to date is  +9.4.    Should be  +5.2 by the 13th.

Here it comes again---starting July 12:

93, 97, 95, 92, 96, 98, 94, 96, 93 .................

So how do you spell relief?   HOT & HOTTER.   Somebody is pulling someone's leg here boys.

The GEFS is about +6 for the next 15 days, and thus keeps us in record territory for the month.  (76/89) is the L/H cut predicted.  Normal (69/85).

6 minutes ago, SACRUS said:

Its looking like Tue(7/10)-Thu (7/12) should be widespread 90s with some mid/upper 90s in the usual hot spots (pending on clouds).

models must have trended warmer since the last time I looked...I'd define that as big heat.   I am looking forward to the break this weekend and turning off the AC for a few days.

3 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

models must have trended warmer since the last time I looked...I'd define that as big heat.   I am looking forward to the break this weekend and turning off the AC for a few days.

They've definitely trended towards more eastern ridging, which makes sense given the highly anomalous ssts off the east coast. As we dig deeper into July there'll be a tendency for the ridging to retrograde towards the western US but occasionally it'll connect with the WAR and give us bursts of heat throughout the month. Hopefully none of this will be as bad as what we've just seen.

18 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

deep blue tropical skies today

Probably the clearest blue skies you will ever see with dewpoints in the mid 70's here. Much nicer than the typical S to SW high dewpoint flow bringing all the haze off the continent. 

2 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Probably the clearest blue skies you will ever see with dewpoints in the mid 70's here. Much nicer than the typical S to SW high dewpoint flow bringing all the haze off the continent. 

it reminds me of Florida on a hot day...

20 minutes ago, uncle W said:

it reminds me of Florida on a hot day...

Yeah, this was our version of a Florida trade wind pattern from the east this week. One of the benefits of the ridge getting pushed so far to the north. 

ecmwf_mslpa_atl_1.thumb.png.02ade61ec5273aa64ab11e5b03ad9516.png