Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2018 General Discussion

Hoosier

On 7/2/2018 at 8:42 PM, Chinook said:

Toledo hit 91 today to extend the heat wave to 4 days, with dew points of 70+ on each day. Toledo could have 6 out of 7 days above 90, assuming it makes it to 90 on July 4th and 5th, possibly with 70+ dew points on 7 out of 7 days.

Toledo overachieved with 91 (sub-hourly max) with dew points of 73 in the afternoon. The streak is at 5 days of 90 temperatures and 5 days of 70 dew points.

4 hours ago, Stebo said:

That is absurdity, would be like sitting inside a stick of butter.

That’s a good way to describe it. Didn’t think it’d get as bad as the last stretch of heat as far as humidity goes but this afternoon/evening was just as bad if not worse around here. Stupid cornfields 

That’s a good way to describe it. Didn’t think it’d get as bad as the last stretch of heat as far as humidity goes but this afternoon/evening was just as bad if not worse around here. Stupid cornfields 

Yesterday was the worst day around here save for last Friday. Waking up to 72/72 here in Kankakee county this morning

Forgot to mention last night that the cicadas are already out and buzzing.  I've never heard them this early before.  Makes sense since it seems later in the season than it really is.  We've been in sort of an August pattern since late May.  Makes you wonder if we're going to have an early Fall.

Up to 87/78/99 already.  Dews are really high across all of Iowa, Illinois, and southern Wisconsin.  Most places are in the 76-80 range.  Happy 4th guys!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

MLI up to 93/77/107.  Dew hit 81 here earlier, but back to 76 now.  Have had a few very tiny cells pop up southeast, but they pop up and die very quickly with zero shear.  2018, the year with no shear.

92° here with a dew of "only" 71. What's this shear you speak of?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cyclone77 said:

MLI up to 93/77/107.  Dew hit 81 here earlier, but back to 76 now.  Have had a few very tiny cells pop up southeast, but they pop up and die very quickly with zero shear.  2018, the year with no shear.

We should get some shear in about 3 or 4 months.

• Haha 1

Lawns look a little browner compared to a couple days ago.  There were decent rains a while back but the past week has been somewhat dry around here. Outside of whatever happens in the next day or so, the pattern coming up doesn't look very wet for a while.  

Cue Chicagowx to accuse me of banging the drought drum. :guitar:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Will be interesting to see if anybody comes in with the rare 600 dm at 500 mb on tonight's soundings.  Models generally have the ridge peak at 598-599 dm, so close but not quite.

The overnight forecaster at LOT last night did predict 600 dm heights. As Cyclone said earlier, this is like an August weather pattern.

I'd say a pretty nice Fourth of July, and interesting weather.  Went down to Summerfest right along Lake Michigan where it was a much more manageable 80F or so with still plenty of humidity but a comfortable breeze.  Then as I was returning, the skies opened up and a thunderstorm dropped around an inch of rain through parts of the Milwaukee Metro.  One of the more impressive thunderstorms this season, just a ton of thunder and lightning.  Not so good for the fireworks displays around here, I'll bet most of them will be postponed.

1 hour ago, wisconsinwx said:

I'd say a pretty nice Fourth of July, and interesting weather.  Went down to Summerfest right along Lake Michigan where it was a much more manageable 80F or so with still plenty of humidity but a comfortable breeze.  Then as I was returning, the skies opened up and a thunderstorm dropped around an inch of rain through parts of the Milwaukee Metro.  One of the more impressive thunderstorms this season, just a ton of thunder and lightning.  Not so good for the fireworks displays around here, I'll bet most of them will be postponed.

You mean the town/city fireworks? That's why they should be scheduled for the 3rd (so that the 4th can be the backup day).