Weathernoob335
summer banter thread

forkyfork

• Rjay pinned this topic
50 minutes ago, winterwarlock said:

are we going to have summer this year?

Is September the new June?

When will we have our first heatwave?

Yes.  No.   Parts of our area already did but the rest of us should this month except maybe eastern Suffolk and JM-land.  

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, bluewave said:

Record heat to our north.

Official Churchill climate site (PYQ) had a high of 32.2C, so that equals their hottest June temp ever. Also, I’m checking stats.. but this may have been earliest date that Churchill has hit the 30C mark (prev Jun 13 1955)
View conversation ·    

And wasn't 1955 our hottest summer ever (at least JY+A) up to that time?  Just a coincidence, I hope---there are many factors involved in any seasonal outlook.

3 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

150 for the first frozen. Should be an interesting winter with the developing weak nino and the Atlantic cold pool 

thoughts on whether that cold pool will hurt chances of a big deep noreaster?   I think part of the reason March rocked this year was the warm waters out there.

3 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

thoughts on whether that cold pool will hurt chances of a big deep noreaster?   I think part of the reason March rocked this year was the warm waters out there.

I think it’s the warm/cool combo that’s enhancing our nor’easters. You have have the much warmer then normal waters to our NE and then the cold pool even further NE

That rubber room and intravenous thorazine did not seem to calm and cool that GFS.   Now it has an ongoing 8 day heatwave [6/17---6/24] with not one, but two 100 degree days to boot.   Asbestos Suits will be at a premium  lol!  Meteorologists with a second degree in neurosurgery are discussing a lobotomy as further treatment.  

The GEFS is much lower all the way.

I have been warning for some time that the Rossby Wave Train eliminates our sympathetic, southeast Canadian trough and has the whole hemisphere going N or AN (except for a little area in Siberia)  through Sept.

I can get behind record heat any time except the days around the 4th. I shoot professional fireworks shows on the side, so that week is usually good for a few 12 or 14-hour days of manual labor... absolutely intolerable to be hauling display racks all afternoon when it's in the 90s. Really hoping that long-range ridge dampens out on the guidance or gets pushed back until the second week of July or something.

1 hour ago, Nibor said:

Planning to hike Mount Washington this weekend. Last time I hiked it was 2 years ago in June. It managed to sleet on me, it was awesome.

That is wonderful. I wish I had more time left. Two of the things I will never get to is what your doing this weekend. The other was to visit and view the magnificent Grand Canyon while listening to Ferde  Grofes beautiful suite. I hope you post about the hike. I’d love hear about what you experienced.

• Sad 1

Both EURO WEEKLIES and RWTT agree the next 3 weeks plus are going to be AN here.  The EURO goes BN for late July and RWTT keeps it AN till August, is where they differ now.

'Troughy'  yes, but heights stay AN anyway.

I never thought I'd have Weather Anxiety, but this upcoming heat wave at times sounds downright apocalyptic!  I have some health issues which doesn't help, but gotta work, gotta live. :unsure:  Is this something we haven't seen before here???!  (and sorry if I've posted in the wrong place here)