Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2018 OBS Thread

Rtd208

12 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Made it to 91F here as well, one degree higher than yesterday. Currently 89F.

I managed to just tap 93 around 3:15 and am now down to 92, so I think that will be the high here for today.  It has definitely been a blast furnace out there due to the humidity!  It's clouding up a bit though and is only partly sunny.  There are some pop-up cells south of here and a line rolling in from the NW on the radar.  Don't know if that northern line will actually drop down as far as the Delaware Valley but they will probably get some of that up in the Scranton area and possibly the Poconos and Lehigh Valley.

What a difference at the shore points steady sea breeze all day kept temps to a high of only 77.0 here at the Beach in SIC - while back in East Nantmeal we did reach 88.0 our 2nd warmest day of the year....we did have one 90+ day in May....would not surprise me in the least if that was our one and only 90+ day of the year - matching last summer.

SicHi.20180618_171155.jpg

And I'm getting the side-swipe.  Got the SVR alert and was able to go out and put my umbrella down just as the large raindrops started falling with some gusts of wind.  Good timing Mt. Holly! :clap:

Edit to add, getting thunder and up to 0.07" of rain so far.  Didn't get chance to water a hanging plant after the heat today so won't have to after this!

3 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

May get sideswiped by that line coming down from the NW.  In other news, I finally saw my first lightning bug.  It was just one but hey... :thumbsup:  Currently 85 at post time with a bit of a breeze but still soupy out.

radar-06182018.png

Nothing here from that first line - maybe we'll get something if this holds together at all. Congrats on the lightning bug! The ones here are out there partying again tonight. Letting the grass grow long in the back to encourage them :lmao:. 78F now, DP 73F.

Radar-6-18-18.thumb.jpg.bdcd61cdeac2f6de28b23e85daf2167e.jpg