Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2018 OBS Thread

Rtd208

55 minutes ago, Bliz299 said:

Rain seems to be north or south of here generally, but not overnight today (18th-19th). Picked up 1.45" from 11pm-6am with thunder now and then; nothing special. Now, how humid will it be today? Ugh!

99% here with moderate rain, but the temperature is 68F, so it's it's pretty darn comfortable compared with recently. 0.36" so far this morning, 1.38" for the weekend.

6 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Seems the precip doesn't know which way to go.  It's been sortof stirring around.  Have only had some very light rain this morning (0.04" so far) and the temps have been hanging around the 69 range, although the past half hour, it's warmed up a bit to 71. It's also been pretty breezy.

It's been stirring around here too, back and forth. Picked up an additional 0.60" during the day, weekend total is now 1.98". 67F currently, a rainout theater kind of a day.

52 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Another night where lehigh valley gets an inch of rain while my backyard sees less than .1. I doubt I am even above normal on the  summer with rainfall. Paybacks a b**ch come winter :devilsmiley:

I went to bed last night expecting heavy rain and ended up with the 0.24" that fell before I turned in and an additional 0.02" between midnight and 3 am this morning.  Currently 72 and partly sunny.

Ended up with highs of 86 yesterday, 81 on Saturday and 84 last Friday - with relatively low humidity - just great late summer grilling days.  But today, it's BAAAAACCCCKKKK. :o:P

Currently 85 and sunny with dews in the mid-upper 60s.  Philly schools are starting this week for the first time (ever) before Labor Day, and some 60% of the buildings have no AC so that will be fun. NOT (been there done that too many years ago).

41 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Ended up with highs of 86 yesterday, 81 on Saturday and 84 last Friday - with relatively low humidity - just great late summer grilling days.  But today, it's BAAAAACCCCKKKK. :o:P

Currently 85 and sunny with dews in the mid-upper 60s.  Philly schools are starting this week for the first time (ever) before Labor Day, and some 60% of the buildings have no AC so that will be fun. NOT (been there done that too many years ago).

Watch...they'll have early dismissal all week because of the heat.

3 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Watch...they'll have early dismissal all week because of the heat.

They would probably have to - at least Tuesday & Wednesday.  Thursday is not supposed to be as bad.  As long as they get in at least 1/2 day, that gets counted as a "full day" for state purposes.

I remember back in the day when it got hot like this, the teachers turned out the lights in the classroom, had us open the bottom and the top windows all the way (with kids fighting over who got picked to use the long hooked "window/sash pole"), and then had us put our heads down on the desk... And since there were no screens (at least at the piece 'o junk 1930s school buildings I was in), you had bees (and all manner of other creatures) flying around the room. :D