• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2018 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Almost at 4:30 pm on the dot, a couple thunders and the sky has gotten dark.  Temp hit a high of 86 today and currently 83 with incoming something (although it looks like the cell is east of me moving out of the NE to the SW).

Edit to add - now getting some huge droplets, almost like small hail that melted just before reaching the surface.

1 hour ago, KamuSnow said:

Lots of thunder rolling here, mostly to the west. The east edge of the rain is about a mile west of me, but moving SW.

38 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I received 4 drops and the radar looks pathetic...(for me)

My sister in Wyndmoor a few miles from me said (and I quote) "Where's the rain? I only got 10 drops".  My other sister in Upper Darby was out at the King of Prussia Mall and said she saw it get dark with lightning, went to dinner at a restaurant there, and when she was ready to leave, she found it had rained.  But then she said it was dry when she got home in UD.

It's a tale of pop-up storm "dots" and I was under one for about 15 minutes.  :D

25 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Weekend washout turned out to be a ten minute shower. Epic fail by all pros in the area. Not a single one was even close....

Come to Lancaster county...many areas around Lancaster city have received upwards of 6" of rain and it is still dumping. Flood emergencies in effect for the 2nd night in a row. Funny, your area was forecast to get hit, ours was not. I'll gladly trade places with you. This is not welcome...

Just now, Hurricane Agnes said:

That's so funny.  Was just thinking of you because it feels like fall out there! :D

Temp crept up to 64 here but that breeze is still gusty.

I think there's an actual "wind chill factor" out there. May put on the NFL Network and watch a game (replay but who cares) then it will really feel like Fall! 

4 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Get a beer and some nachos to go along with that and you're all set. :thumbsup:

Damn right!

All of next week looks pretty good/nice all things considered.

As far as that blob of rain moving N....I care less if it hits me. I got screwed Fri, Sat...may as well make Sun the hat trick. 

2 hours ago, RedSky said:

Consistent reinforcing polar air masses through the GFS extended and the ECM for that matter. High heat haters are going to like this June.

//raises hand//

Finally getting some rain out there. Nothing major, moderate at best but good to see. 54F