Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2018 OBS Thread

Rtd208

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

Absolutely dumping rain here. Just had a bolt of lightning strike near by. (Can't remember if I remembered to roll up the car windows last evening :()

I had a stack of split wood I wanted to cover up and forgot to. Got about 0.60" of rain here between 4:30 and 5 am, lightning and thunder woke me up. Yay! Pretty muggy out now.

47 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Hopefully it was empty, lol.

It was full! Too early for trash collection. Goes to show how heavy the rain was. KYW said 4" per hour rates in spots, I believe it.

In other news, I did remember to roll up the car windows last night ... whew!

13 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Sky clearing and sun is now out.  That rain is going to equal steam bath today (at least until the cool front comes through to drop that temporarily).  Temp up to 74.

Pretty dark here (low clouds) but nothing on radar?

May be flakey but accu-weather has me at 99F for a high on Sunday and high DPs....that's baking. I believe the high DPs but not 99F as a high?

Just now, Birds~69 said:

Pretty dark here (low clouds) but nothing on radar?

May be flakey but accu-weather has me at 99F for a high on Sunday and high DPs....that's baking. I believe the high DPs but not 99F as a high...

I opened the back door and slammed it shut because I could hardly breathe. :yikes:

Only time we get close to those "upper 90s" is if there was a period of drought or at least significant days of dry weather before that hottest day.  Otherwise the sun will have to burn off all that moisture in the ground first before the temp starts rising above the low-mid 90s.  The heat index/"real feel" might be close to that however, based on the humidity.