Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2018 OBS Thread

Rtd208

1 minute ago, KamuSnow said:

Kinda did a split around me here, got about 0.03" of new rain. Hearing thunder off to the N.E. now so there's still something to it.

I have been hearing thunder in the distance and got enough raindrops to wet the sidewalk but not enough to tip the bucket. The heaviest is south and east of me now and it's moving pretty quickly.  Unless something suddenly pops up after this line goes through, that may be it (not seeing anything significant further west on radar).  It did drop the temps down from 78 @ 5pm to the current 72 so probably stabilized the atmosphere a bit here.

10 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I have been hearing thunder in the distance and got enough raindrops to wet the sidewalk but not enough to tip the bucket. The heaviest is south and east of me now and it's moving pretty quickly.  Unless something suddenly pops up after this line goes through, that may be it (not seeing anything significant further west on radar).  It did drop the temps down from 78 @ 5pm to the current 72 so probably stabilized the atmosphere a bit here.

I've had the same thought about this being it for any more sig. rain. A couple of warm days to dry out a bit, maybe something on Friday, and maybe, just maybe, a more comfortable sunny weekend!??

2 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

I've had the same thought about this being it for any more sig. rain. A couple of warm days to dry out a bit, maybe something on Friday, and maybe, just maybe, a more comfortable sunny weekend!??

Old fashioned late summer, albeit a bit of a wet one, but that has kept us from getting the high 90s/triple digits had that Bermuda High been able to really exert itself.

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

If we can through tomorrow and Friday it's clear sailing from Sat through next week as far as temps are concerned. Some rain/t-storms Friday/Saturday as well...  

Another poorly modeled medium and long range as of just a few days ago the heat wasn't going to break until the 23-24th of the month

25 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Just plain brutal August, and i thought in mid july looking at the next two weeks long range we had beaten having a really hot summer my bad i cancelled hot summer around the same time in January i call winter lol

I wouldn't say "brutal"...uncomfortable would be my word. In years past we had 10+ day stretches w/95+ temps ala H-H-H....that's brutal! It hasn't been baking for long periods but it has been tropical for a long time. When I see DPs "drop" to the upper 60s and I'm happy...you know things have sucked. I would just like to clear this crappy air mass out... 

Been under cloud cover for much of the day, 83F for a high so far. Hate to think what it would be like under full sun.

I agree with Birds -- don't know that I'd label it brutal, but its certainly been unrelenting. Just week after week of highs in the mid to upper 80's (an occasional 90) with ridiculous DPs. Even in our hottest summers, we get a cold front or two to give us some relief for a few days, but not this year. Looks like we may catch a break next week before the heat and high dews return to end Aug and kick off Sept. 

Enjoy!

4 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

I wouldn't say "brutal"...uncomfortable would be my word. In years past we had 10+ day stretches w/95+ temps ala H-H-H....that's brutal! It hasn't been baking for long periods but it has been tropical for a long time. When I see DPs "drop" to the upper 60s and I'm happy...you know things have sucked. I would just like to clear this crappy air mass out... 

Its in the running for hottest august, and the humidity is probably record high

Ended up with a high of 91 today.  Had started off with some sun, then overcast, then eventually the sun came out for an extended time.  But now it's back to overcast and 85.  The humidity was pumped up today for sure.  There's some nasty stuff to the west and am not sure how much of that will make it here intact but will see...

3 hours ago, RedSky said:

Its in the running for hottest august, and the humidity is probably record high

What does hottest "really" mean? 10 days of 90-92F w/DP in the 60s doesn't even come close to temps in the mid-upper 80s BUT DPs in the 75+ range. The "heat wave" criteria thing is a big time joke...