• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2018 OBS Thread

Rtd208

For those of you with Direct TV - the Accuweather Network is now on air 24 hours a day. This change took place today Aug 1st.  (I'm a little partial as my son, is one of their on air meteorologists.)  They have made some significant changes with much more live coverage and several new severe weather reporters running all over the country to cover big weather events. He is from Montgomery  County,  Pa and loves severe and winter weather reporting.

33 minutes ago, Chief83 said:

For those of you with Direct TV - the Accuweather Network is now on air 24 hours a day. This change took place today Aug 1st.  (I'm a little partial as my son, is one of their on air meteorologists.)  They have made some significant changes with much more live coverage and several new severe weather reporters running all over the country to cover big weather events. He is from Montgomery  County,  Pa and loves severe and winter weather reporting.

Don't have Direct TV, but that's awesome! Good for him! (and you!).

8 hours ago, RedSky said:

I'm shocked at how today's wet forecast has dried out

I opened up some ditch today and decided to leave it open overnite without putting the pipe in and back-filling. Some of it leads up to downspouts, lol. I made this decision partly out of being beat, and partly due to the radar/models, seems as though most of the precip should be to our west overnite. So this a test - Murphy's law says it should rain, lol.

2 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

I opened up some ditch today and decided to leave it open overnite without putting the pipe in and back-filling. Some of it leads up to downspouts, lol. I made this decision partly out of being beat, and partly due to the radar/models, seems as though most of the precip should be to our west overnite. So this a test - Murphy's law says it should rain, lol.

Bad decision 

i'm sorry but the NWS forecasts beyond day 1 have been horrendous the last 2 weeks for my area. I understand it hasn't been easy due to the convective nature but for legit the 4th time in the last two weeks I have gone from 60-70% pops literally the day before and forecasted 60-70% for multiple days before hand go down to 20-30% when the day comes. Absolutely useless for planning purposes. Here's a note guys, in these situations call for 20-30% pops for days and then increase as necessary...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Iceman said:

i'm sorry but the NWS forecasts beyond day 1 have been horrendous the last 2 weeks for my area. I understand it hasn't been easy due to the convective nature but for legit the 4th time in the last two weeks I have gone from 60-70% pops literally the day before and forecasted 60-70% for multiple days before hand go down to 20-30% when the day comes. Absolutely useless for planning purposes. Here's a note guys, in these situations call for 20-30% pops for days and then increase as necessary...

Okay, but let’s be fair. Forecasts by other sources have not been good either. 

22 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Just had a quick pop up shower here - I thought it was wind at first then realized it was a wall of rain coming.

Your wall 'o rain became a sprinkle here although it looks like some more may be incoming.  I really need to pull out the hose though.

It got up to 88 before the pop-up sprinkle and is currently 85 and mostly cloudy, with peaks of sun and big fluffy cumulus and cumulo-stratus clouds.

19 hours ago, MGorse said:

Okay, but let’s be fair. Forecasts by other sources have not been good either. 

Totally believe you. I dont ever bother with other sources because you guys are the best around here. Just venting my frustration is all, like I said above I know it hasn't been an easy forecast because of the covective nature, it's just been a b*tch trying to plan for the weather lately because of the variability day to day.