• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2018 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Heard a couple thunders and saw a lightning flash within the past 20 minutes or so.  There are cool mammatus clouds out there too.  Radar is slowly filling in from the west but not really precipitating yet, but someone is getting rocked and rolled!  Temps/humidity have dropped compared to the soup of this morning.  Got up to 89 today and currently 77 and overcast.

radar-zoom-07272018.png

2 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

The stuff coming up from DE is weakening. Still some heavy stuff in northern Chestco/western Montco. Wondering if the current patch of rain over me will weaken that too?

The stuff that is over northern Chesco is headed your way though...  It looks like it means business but will see if that holds together too.

Just now, Hurricane Agnes said:

Yeah, looks like the air stabilized ahead of it... Finally getting the rain - more showery and not gully washer.

I'm getting just showers as well. At least we lower the DPs for the weekend till they amp back up next week with showers/T-storms once again...

8 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Just checked the point & click forecast for here and suddenly there is no rain in the forecast for the next 7 days. Checked nearby and same thing. Lol, got to be an error. Radar looks pretty good for some showers overnight.

Eta: the rain is back in the forecast...

Got the rain going right now (since about 4 am).  A blob of it moving in from the SW.  So far dropped 0.14" here.  Had very isolated sprinkles yesterday afternoon enough to wet the sidewalk but not tip the bucket.  High yesterday was 80 and currently 74 and steamy here with light rain.

ETA - looks like the the rain has cleared my area for now and ended up with 0.15".

39 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Got the rain going right now (since about 4 am).  A blob of it moving in from the SW.  So far dropped 0.14" here.  Had very isolated sprinkles yesterday afternoon enough to wet the sidewalk but not tip the bucket.  High yesterday was 80 and currently 74 and steamy here with light rain.

ETA - looks like the the rain has cleared my area for now and ended up with 0.15".

Just rolled through me around 5am. Took a walk outside....really muggy and it appears this pattern will continue for quite some time. But we hit AUGUST....Fall is coming!