• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2018 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Looks like the last little band of precip. came through for the morning (from what I can tell) and that gave me a few hundredths more for 0.31" for the day (so far) and an event total of 1.16".

Temp is 70 and the sun is struggling to peek through some heavy dark clouds, although with this huge cloud field, it may be overcast much of the day -

nws-vis-sat-20182031212_GOES16-ABI-CONUS-GEOCOLOR-1250x750-07222018.jpg

7 minutes ago, Bosswx said:

1.74" yesterday got some nice gusts yesterday lots of leaves and branches around.Currently 80.1 beautiful day with the breeze and scattered clouds!Feels like Florida.

Any day w/dew points in the mid 70s I wouldn't call beautiful...there is a breeze though.

84F / DP 75F

19 minutes ago, Bosswx said:

Feels like Florida.

Ain't that the truth!  Am currently under a little pop-up cluster that has been moving in through the city from the SSE.  So far it dropped a hundredth of an inch to make it 0.32" for the day. Temp is 84 with dews in the low 70s.  Otherwise the sun has been coming in and out between the bands (it just popped back out temporarily).

33 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Ain't that the truth!  Am currently under a little pop-up cluster that has been moving in through the city from the SSE.  So far it dropped a hundredth of an inch to make it 0.32" for the day. Temp is 84 with dews in the low 70s.  Otherwise the sun has been coming in and out between the bands (it just popped back out temporarily).

I've been mowing since the grass dried out with the sun, watching some cumulus clouds stack up quite nicely....mainly misses here so far, although did have a few large rain drops a couple of times. If it's gonna be warm and humid, this is the way I like it, with chances of pop up storms.

3 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

I've been mowing since the grass dried out with the sun, watching some cumulus clouds stack up quite nicely....mainly misses here so far, although did have a few large rain drops a couple of times. If it's gonna be warm and humid, this is the way I like it, with chances of pop up storms.

Based on the way the jet stream is supposed to set up, it may be like this the rest of the week... with GOM moisture funneling up the east coast and self-destruct sun.  Have been seeing dark clouds streaming off to the west for some time now.

2 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Already had 2 "out of nowhere" heavy 10 - 15 min downpours. No lightning/thunder...just partly sunny one minutes then total downpour the next w/big-ass raindrops. Looking at the radar I'd imagine there's more coming....

86F / DP 76F 

Looks to be 3 inches plus in short order in western Chesco / Oxford area.  Several streams well out of there banks on the ride home this evening.

Update - and then it really rained - 5 inch blotches here on nws radar, flood warnings out.