Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2018 OBS Thread

Rtd208

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

No way, that one summer somewhat recently we a kazillion days of HHH and could'nt buy a storm which is just crazy.

For me this summer so far is 6/10...had some decent stuff. Today may push it further up..

We haven't really had a hot summer since 2013?

Had around three thundershowers here all season, the one had good long lasting lightning and that's it. Give it a 3/10 lame.

In other news its been rumbling here for quite a while from a few tiny pixels to the east and south. 

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

We haven't really had a hot summer since 2013?

Had around three thundershowers here all season, the one had good long lasting lightning and that's it. Give it a 3/10 lame.

In other news its been rumbling here for quite a while from a few tiny pixels to the east and south. 

I just think you're in screw-ville...above average here.

Seems there is a wide segment west of here that has been sitting over central Chester County training, with a piece o fit up into northwestern Montco (near Pottstown that has reported flooding).  The other segment north of Philly is moving faster.

Currently under some drizzle with some nasty-looking stuff out to the west.  Temp is down to 76.  Just heard a loud thunderclap but so far, it's a lot of sound and fury but only 0.28" of rain so far.

Edit to add - heavier rain just started up again.  Looks like I'm gonna get hit with that northern segment (am at the southern end of it).

4 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Checkout east 195 in Jersey i was stoked and ready to get plastered. An entire thick line of storms vanished and reformed to my east! only distant rumbles :angry: EPic

Yeah it kindof diffused away here too and am just getting light rain now. Currently at 0.53".  Temp down to 72.

6 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Hearing a couple of Katydids tonight for the first time this summer. Seems a bit early but I like the sound.

I thought it was my imagination hearing what I thought was a single katydid as well last evening (although each chirp was far apart).  It joined the single cricket I've heard nightly the past week, that accompanied the single "Northern Dusk-singing cicada" that I only hear after 7 pm, which heralds the appearance of my single lightning bug! :lmao:

Had a high of 84 yesterday with low humidity and a nice breeze.  Have a cool start this morning at 62.

So looking locked in now for a fairly sizeable heavy rain event tomorrow. Pretty much a noreaster in mid July. Not something you see every day. Thinking flooding may become an issue towards the end of the week outside of flash flooding. Looking like a lot of moisture for all in the next ten days.