• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2018 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Been struggling to get to 1/4" with this latest round.  With the earlier 0.08", am currently at 0.32", with 0.24" round 2 (so far). It was a nice slow soaking rain so definitely beneficial. The rain has pretty much stopped now and the sun is trying to break through.  Current temp is 77 and slowly rising (had been ~75 during the time it was raining) and still steamy out ahead of the cold front.

48 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Finally hearing my first cicadas today, I think I'm a week or two behind some of you. Guess the central Montco brood likes to sleep in.

I'm still not there....I haven't heard crap?

Super nice day but it's a shame we only get a couple of these during the summer months while in Maine this is standard.....plus they get a ton of snow in the winter. Maine may be my calling....

2 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Wow.  Winds went calm and temps dropped through the floor.  Currently 57 and clear.  That may or may not be my low for the day at this point.

I was just downstairs where I left all the windows open overnight and it was a tad chilly. Just checked the temp and it's 54F so yeah a  tad cool when you first wake up. Damn heat will return this week so I better enjoy this while I can...

Had a high of 87 yesterday and a low of 68 this morning.  It was beautiful yesterday - typical summer day without major humidity.  Spent some time bbing at one of my sisters houses with some of our cousins and their kids last evening and the lightning bugs were out in force everywhere - including a bunch of them coming over to check out everyone on the deck. lol   Also, heard my first cricket last night when I came home.  It was just one but it was out there.

Currently 84 and partly sunny (plenty of cumulus out there).