Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2018 OBS Thread

Rtd208

1 minute ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Hoping I can cash in on some of that.  Need something to get the dust out of the air.  I've been seeing some lightning flashes off in the distance.

radar-07062018.png

I'm getting hit pretty hard. Heavy downpour, wind, lightning, thunder....everything. 

8 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

You have some echoes to your SW which may hit you...

Now getting some light rain from that enough to wet the sidewalk and make it steamy.  Seeing occasional lightning but it seems like the bulk of the original line was a swing and a mess over the city.  A new stronger line looks like it has formed in Montco.  Landsdale looks like it is getting nailed from that.

6 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Now getting some light rain from that enough to wet the sidewalk and make it steamy.  Seeing occasional lightning but it seems like the bulk of the original line was a swing and a mess over the city.  A new stronger line looks like it has formed in Montco.  Landsdale looks like it is getting nailed from that.

Yeah, it's kinda heading my way. I can head louder rumbles of thunder in the distance. Total so far 1.01" so I'm happy w/that...

17 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Yeah, it's kinda heading my way. I can head louder rumbles of thunder in the distance. Total so far 1.01" so I'm happy w/that...

0.00" here.  Less than trace.  lol  There is something coming up from the SW through Delco that might clip me or at least give me something... maybe.

EDIT - finally getting something more than drizzle.  Up to 0.06" so far.

14 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

It's been a while since I was double smacked w/two pre dawn thunderstorms. Had the first one then a slight lull now the second one is kicking. Really feels like it cooled down as well...

May have a third heading your way.  I just heard some thunder (finally) but still only got 0.06 out of the sideswipe blob.

2 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

May have a third heading your way.  I just heard some thunder (finally) but still only got 0.06 out of the sideswipe blob.

Yeah I see the third one out by Phoenixville...it does look like it's headed my way.

Watching Kathy Orr last night she said maybe some early morning boomers but for Philly the hours between 11am-1pm the main action as the cold front approaches so you still have hope...

2 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Yep!

Like Birds~69, I got hit twice. Just as the storm seemed to be winding down, another area redeveloped just to my west and rolled on through. My temp did drop to 73F but has since rebounded to 75F. Very steamy out there.

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

It's been a while since I was double smacked w/two pre dawn thunderstorms. Had the first one then a slight lull now the second one is kicking. Really feels like it cooled down as well...

First one: 1.01"

Second one: .60

So I'm sitting at 1.61" for the day....anything else today is gravy.

It is muggy out but the DP should drop this afternoon. 76F /DP 76F 

48 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Sun has been popping in and out here. Temp is up to 79.  There's a larger area of rain back over central PA along the front and hopefully I'll get a little more this morning assuming that holds together.  Trying to at least hit 0.1" for the day.  :huh:

It is somewhat large but not too intense at the moment....maybe it'll fire up as it heads E w/all the moisture in the air. A little sun won't hurt either to cook up things.

5 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

It is somewhat large but not too intense at the moment....maybe it'll fire up as it heads E w/all the moisture in the air. A little sun won't hurt either to cook up things.

May be tricky because we seem to be getting some weak onshore flow out of the east off the ocean (almost like a marine layer).  Currently 81 here and overcast.

Got about 0.15" early this morning, closing in on 0.25" for the day with these steady showers now. All good for the week with the 1.5" or so we got the other day. At this point what I'm REALLY looking forward to is the cooler less humid weather over the weekend. Just got a ditchwitch to put in about a thousand feet of pipe for our project, and after this week the idea of 80F and less humid makes me smile!