Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2018 OBS Thread

Rtd208

12 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Wow, that's amazing! You're not that far from me and not much of anything happened here (not that I want my trees to come down). I heard plenty of thunder throughout the afternoon and evening and the skies got dark at times, but that was about it.

My thought was lightning like Chief said, awaiting his report!

19 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

It got absorbed! Gotta try to be buttoned up by Thursday pm looking at Friday's forecast....doing the house today (3 penetrations).

That's assuming we don't get any pop-ups this evening.  Mt. Holly AFD for near-term talking about that potential again.

Currently 84 here now so will still be a very warm day but quite a bit of cloudiness has moved in the past hour or so, blocking the blazing sun which is just fine with me!

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

That's assuming we don't get any pop-ups this evening.  Mt. Holly AFD for near-term talking about that potential again.

Currently 84 here now so will still be a very warm day but quite a bit of cloudiness has moved in the past hour or so, blocking the blazing sun which is just fine with me!

83F here, RH 86%, DP 79!

We got dumped on here in Thorndale for a solid 30 minutes. Power went out from 7pm to 2am, but luckily it cooled off enough outside to allow us to open the windows. All the fire alarms went off and all the lights turned on at 2am though, that was a rude awakening. I'm guessing the humidity is what set them off. Not sure how much rain we got, but I've never seen such a stationary storm before! Was just watching it bloom over us on the radar for what seemed like ages.

12 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

91F here as well. The thing which is pissing me off most....no damn breeze....nothing! I sweat doing nothing.

nb.jpg

the cool down was the equivalent of opening a refrigerator door to the back yard, in other words nada

Worcester, PA.  Some day time pictures of my tree damage in Worcester last night. .  Must have been strong winds blowing from s to n.  (not the usual nw to se.  )  (The top of the tree fell to the north over my neighbors fence).  I don't see any sign of a lightning hit, but not sure. It snapped off about 15' above the ground.   No other tree damage in my neighborhood other than a pin oak of mine with a huge limb 20' off the ground broken but still attached.   Further away - mile or so I did see some smaller limbs down. Looks like I am the big winner (or loser) in my area. There was other damage throughout the county as well as se pa, NJ, etc. as you know. 

tree1.jpg

tree2.jpg

On 6/24/2018 at 7:28 PM, Birds~69 said:

Drunk neighbor lighting off cherry bombs...may be the closest thing that resembles thunder.

I may get both tonight. I already have the drunk neighbor and explosives,,,just need some T-Storms.

Skies are darkening 91F...fricken DP 75F

Have been at one of my sister's houses grilling in the heat this afternoon and could hear the thunder (and some residential fireworks) later in the afternoon.  Temp got up to 91 here but most of the day has been overcast with occasional breaks of sun earlier but completely hazy and overcast the rest of the day.  It was spritzing on my way home but I noticed on radar that East & West Norriton and as far west as Oaks, have been getting nailed.  Then there is that huge blob centered over Lancaster County that has actually been sitting over that entire area for awhile now but the flow is moving from NE --> SW, so it doesn't appear it will come over this way.

Currently 80 and 70% humidity so another uncomfortable night in store!

7 hours ago, RedSky said:

Missed again, will the epic streak of futility here end Friday stay tuned

Man, do I ever feel your pain. I was lucky enough to be down in Bethlehem yesterday and did get to see a good storm for once, but I had to travel to do it. Had I stayed in Tamaqua, my wife probably would have kicked me out of the house. All the rain and storms totally split the borough, and when we got home I discovered that we only got 0.02" of rain.

Pathetic, but that's the way it goes up here. Thankfully, visiting family (had a nice day with them) was the ticket to seeing some good CTG, heavy rain, and a little wind!

2 hours ago, Voyager said:

Man, do I ever feel your pain. I was lucky enough to be down in Bethlehem yesterday and did get to see a good storm for once, but I had to travel to do it. Had I stayed in Tamaqua, my wife probably would have kicked me out of the house. All the rain and storms totally split the borough, and when we got home I discovered that we only got 0.02" of rain.

Pathetic, but that's the way it goes up here. Thankfully, visiting family (had a nice day with them) was the ticket to seeing some good CTG, heavy rain, and a little wind!

Friday's chances have begun to dwindle, NWS reduced chance to 70% lol

44 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Isolated popup shower the futility streak has ended looks like 1"+ 

Something had to give after losing ten coin flip tosses in a row 

Congrats on finally cashing in. :thumbsup: I never got chance to water yesterday (was getting last minute stuff for a bbq) and some of the poor plants were wilting in the sun today. Only got some dribbles and drabs last evening.

Currently just ticked to 93 (high for the day so far) with lots of puffy cumulus after a low of only 75.   Mt. Holly hoisted a FFW for the area for tomorrow, with the heaviest rain and storms now progged for the morning commute, with additional rain the rest of the day.