Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs Thread

George BM

45 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Unless something rogue pops up, 5.09" of rain for June, and three months in a row that were above average.

I'm worried about July though. I'm not digging the EJ and Chuck ridge.

Unfortunately the ridge will be transient.  All the trusted long range guidance has it sliding back west in a week or so.  Folks need to chill out about a week in the 90s in summer, it's not the end of the world.  This isn't anywhere near the summer of 1995 or 2012.  Those were real scorchers.  Society is weak.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Unfortunately the ridge will be transient.  All the trusted long range guidance has it sliding back west in a week or so.  Folks need to chill out about a week in the 90s in summer, it's not the end of the world.  This isn't anywhere near the summer of 1995 or 2012.  Those were real scorchers.  Society is weak.

I'm not stressed over heat. It's summer and it's supposed to be hhh in these parts, and my tomatoes need some help. But I would like some evening thunderstorms though, and even with the ridge sliding west, it's looking like an overall dry pattern.

• Like 1

Mount Holly talking up the heat in the morning AFD-

Ridge city is in full swing across the region, with 594+ dam 500-mb heights becoming established in the Mid-Atlantic today. This shunts faster midlevel flow well north of the area (keeping any associated lift/precipitation well away from us) and produces a deeply subsident environment favorable for substantial warmth. A prolonged period of hot and humid conditions is on tap for much of this upcoming week. Due to the nature of how long this airmass will last, it is important to take all precautions to keep yourself as cool and hydrated as possible, as this has the potential to be a life threatening situation, especially for the vulnerable.

2 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I saw that and I'm thinking it's meso scale...IAD isn't as developed as DCA and BWI area and DCA has wind off the water for a few of their obs today I believe.  BWI and Inner Harbor torched.

I noticed that this morning -- how BWI and downtown B'more both just shot up early and kept going.  Was already pretty hot at noon.  Even IMBY I hit 96 today and I'm usually a few degrees cooler than the airports on a hot day.  Seemed to be a central Md/I-95 bullseye today.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Very late, but here are the numbers for my location for June

Averaged high was 82.1 degrees vs a normal of 81.5 degrees, a +0.6 above normal. Warmest day was the 20th, with a 90.9 degree reading. Averaged low was 59.8 degrees vs a normal of 57.3 degrees, a +2.5 degrees above normal. Coolest reading was on the 7th with a 48.2 degree low. Overall average temp was 71.0 degrees vs a normal of 69.4 degrees, a +1.6 above normal. 

Total rainfall for the month was 3.20 inches vs a normal of 3.64 inches, a -0.44 below. Greatest rainfall was on the 23rd with 1.05 inches falling. We had 16 days with measurable, one day with a T and 13 dry days. One record, a 'low max', set on the 27th with a 73.2 degree reading. Highest wind during the month was on 25th with a 28 mph reading.

• Like 1