• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs Thread

George BM

I thought that all the rain might dump hard on CharlesTown tonight. Thats true, it will. But more rain is blossoming south too, Central Virginia, you are likely in for yet another hard night of hard rain. Dale City should only have to deal with drizzle or just variably cloudy skies tonight, we got the cool stable air overhead. We're good. We are waterlogged but we are safe beneath our strong canopy of very cool, very stable air all night. The warm unstable air wont reach us til Saturday afternoon and by then the sun will be out with only isolated showers and a 10 percent chance of rain. We're completely out of the woods with this. I am definitely gonna mow my back yard tomorrow and that grass will be DRY.

Picked up .58" today. Started this am around 7 or 8.  It was pretty steady at some points but never torrential. Kinda stopped at 2 or 3.  The rest of the afternoon was that piddly drizzle that can't be caught on the radar.  

I knew it was coming so I planned to get home yesterday (thursday) and mow. However, just as I was turning into my home street I got rear ended. I forgoed any physical activity (to make sure I didn't have any soft injuries). Luckily feeling good today, but trying to get my car looked at by the other insurance company.  Not being that successful in that dept. 

6 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Way over 2".  It just finished pouring.  My sump pump is running once per 40 seconds right now.  Not sure I've seen that before.

Nice!!!

I'm patiently waiting to add on to my 1.35 daily total.  But its been quite a wet 4 days for sure. Good for you.

34 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Nice!!!

I'm patiently waiting to add on to my 1.35 daily total.  But its been quite a wet 4 days for sure. Good for you.

3" on the nose today.  That's 5.5" since Tuesday.  Never seen it this wet here.  Ever.

14 minutes ago, yoda said:

No more complaining for you for a while about being missed ;)

Yeah, this has been an unprecedented hot-streak for me.  I'll probably be paying for this for a long time.  LOL.

27 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

24-HR total was 0.92" here.  The next shower getting ready to move in will put me over 15" in the past 45 days.  And will mean that I will have reported measuresble precip to Cocorahs for 31 of those 45 days.

Over the same 45 day period here, a T or more on 26 of 45 days, and over 12" of rain. Pretty impressive when you consider that the total is not skewed by a single event. The largest one day total is under 1.5"

1 hour ago, WVclimo said:

24-HR total was 0.92" here.  The next shower getting ready to move in will put me over 15" in the past 45 days.  And will mean that I will have reported measuresble precip to Cocorahs for 31 of those 45 days.

Pretty spot for here as well...91" last 24hr.  Gardens are lush and the creek is yet again bank full.  Was just commenting to the wife that the rain this morning reminds me of being in St. Lucia.  Heavy early morning rain...no wind and low rumbles in the distance... Almost the end of June and the Potomac has yet to be fishable...unreal.

Just shy of 8" for the month so far.

Early morning storm only dropped .3".  As hard as it rained, I thought it'd be more than than.  Still, the ground is like walking on a sponge.  Lots of places where there is standing water, and places where you can see water flowing out of yards onto sidewalks. 

.45" on Tuesday

2.05" on Wed

3.0" yesterday

.30" this morning.

5.8" total since Tuesday.

I am either making up for past precip snubbings, or am about to embark on a very long, painful desert payback.

2 hours ago, poolz1 said:

Pretty spot for here as well...91" last 24hr.  Gardens are lush and the creek is yet again bank full.  Was just commenting to the wife that the rain this morning reminds me of being in St. Lucia.  Heavy early morning rain...no wind and low rumbles in the distance... Almost the end of June and the Potomac has yet to be fishable...unreal.

Just shy of 8" for the month so far.

We had planned a while ago to go tubing this weekend on the Shenandoah.  We usually put in at Millville.  But for, I think, the fourth weekend out of the last six, it’s at flood stage, so we cancelled.

Just a really unusual stretch of wet weather for the amount of time the pattern has been in place.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic