• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs Thread

George BM

Got shredded by more torrential rain last night, 750pm thru at least 930pm. Couldn't see shyte even with windshield wipers going full blast. Lawns are out of control again. Dont look now but more heavy rain inbound for tomorrow, Saturday. Thank goodness Dale City gets a break this afternoon, tonight. I feel extremely sorry for central VA though tonight. You guys in central VA can have that stalled out frontal boundary! Rush your arks down there to completion!

Guess mother nature is giving me a kind of sendoff as I get set to leave for blazing HOT south central Texas likely sometime next month. It aint gonna rain in Austin again til 2090. EVERYONE there is as crazy about rain as we are in the Mid Atlantic about snow lol

• Like 1

Wall of rain is coming for Central VA, you can watch it https://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php It tends to dry up at Fredericksburg, which is a good thing. I need time to mow my neighbor's lawn! That thing grows like a weed! You give it an inch of rain, it grows fourteen kilometers in days! If we get hit in Dale City tonight, I dont know what I will do lmao

I feel really good about very light rain to mostly just cloudy in Dale City thru Monday next week. This does not feel like a rainy setup.

Central Virginia however is a completely different story - National Guard will be on hand there into early July, it is going to be THAT BAD thru Saturday.

We are already well out of the woods with this. Later today (Friday)  I will successfully mow my back yard and the grass will be entirely DRY. Best thing, it will be noticeably COOLER as cooler, DRIER air manages to filter south overnight and thru the day Friday.

My left foot hurt like crazy before the last two nights when we got annihilated by torrential rain. Tonight - it feels fine, like it never hurt before. Plan for picnics tomorrow and Saturday, and Friday will be the cooler of the two, with clouds but really nice weather compared to the last few TEXAS-HUMID days lol. NWS will be absolutely SCRAMBLING to keep up with the changes throughout Friday. Many a beleaguered veteran forecaster with 30 plus years will be asking themselves, How on earth does Jebman do it?

On 6/20/2018 at 7:25 PM, EastCoast NPZ said:

Over 2" on the day.  About 2.5" since yesterday.  3 storms today, but I wasnt home to record individuals.  Suffice to say that the last one was the bulk of it.  Impressive. 

I will definitely be mowing this weekend.

Congratulations!!!

Back edge is starting to RAWR. Should be just cloudy by 2pm, few breaks in clouds by 7pm with highs near 85 by 8pm. No way we get Culpeper rain amounts. Not enough moisture,  system is moving at airliner velocity, tomorrow clear hot humid welcome back to Austin TX in Dale City with 94/75 temp dew point spreads. Good practice for my permanent exile to Hell Texas next month lol

1 hour ago, Jebman said:

Back edge is starting to RAWR. Should be just cloudy by 2pm, few breaks in clouds by 7pm with highs near 85 by 8pm. No way we get Culpeper rain amounts. Not enough moisture,  system is moving at airliner velocity, tomorrow clear hot humid welcome back to Austin TX in Dale City with 94/75 temp dew point spreads. Good practice for my permanent exile to Hell Texas next month lol

Wait wut?  Are you moving to Texas?  Noooooooooooooooo!  You need to move to the Beartooth Highway to run plows like in this Video.

Quite dreary for late June -- about 0.2 so far.

1 hour ago, Stormpc said:

1.16 so far since midnight and 6.4 for the month of June. And somehow my grass was starting to burn in areas earlier in the week.

Max-angle sun FTW.... or FTL.

But, it's on its way down!  Count-down to fall began yesterday.  In 1 month NFL camps open, in 2 months Octoberfest will appear on shelves, and 3 months from now...

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

Finally some rain here. Been watering all week. Raked out the thatch areas and threw down some fast growing temporary lawn seed to have something other than weeds growing  in those areas. Stuff is up already. It is fast lol. Just need it to fill in and last the summer into the fall.

Good news for waterlogged Dale City. Returns are coming up from the SSW, but fading to nothing thanks to cool stable air. We went thru last night/this morning, got waterboarded good, but tonight we do dodge the proverbial bullet. I have a 20 percent chance of rain tonight, followed by partly cloudy tomorrow.

Phew! That was too close!

I sure feel sorry for central Virginia though. Get to high ground down there while you still can!

6 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

Wait wut?  Are you moving to Texas?  Noooooooooooooooo!  You need to move to the Beartooth Highway to run plows like in this Video.

Quite dreary for late June -- about 0.2 so far.

Loved the video - I wish I was moving there, I'd be in heaven for the rest of my life.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic