Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June Discobs Thread

George BM

53 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

This has been a terrible spring and now summer so far. 

I've been loving it. Lots of rain and cool temps has been great. My garden has been a piece of cake so far. No watering in 90/75 while covered in mosquitoes. 

Nice little shower coming through now. I hope Hrrr is right about the soaking tonight. 

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

The Calvert split has returned! I’m not complaining though :-)

I am hoping for the same here.. these damn mosquitoes.:weep:

Had a brief downpour a while ago, and have had 1.23" since yesterday. Mount Holly seems confident my area is getting 1-2" overnight. I hope that busts big time.

From the Parkway on NE, it rained and rained. Dale City and Glendale was drier than a popcorn fart. Hellish gradient.

Its the split play for us tonight, tons of life-giving rain well to our north and well to our south, all night. Expect 6 inches of rain in S VA and about 4 to 8 more in Pennsylvania by Monday night. Sh!tload of torrential rain for the VA/NC Border on Monday, wish we could get a scrap but beggars cannot ever be choosers.

We will turn out cloudy and dry tonight and Monday, then trending into very dry and much hotter into next week.

10 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

FDA about to get 3 or 4 more inches of rain.  I may not see a drop.  Just incredible batch of rain out in Pa and WV headed right for them.  And not dropping even an inch south.

Wonders never cease. We'll see this all summer and well into the fall, tho by fall, I will be broiling in South Texas, for the rest of my life.

32 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Well, at least you aren't going to a climate that averages less rain , as well as snow....

Oh yes I am.

In Austin Texas, they have a semi arid climate. They get half the rain we do.

A crippling blizzard there is 2 inches of snow. Climo says I get to enjoy a half inch of sleet and maybe three quarters of an inch of snow on top of that.

I have already spent two summers there. Summer here is June July and August.

Summer in Austin is May June July August September and half of October. Sometimes the heat/humidity sets in in April and even late March! Austin can crack 88/70 on May 9 and not even break a sweat. This past January, in 2018, Austin posted TWO frackin' dewpoints in the 70s!!!! Damn.

I should be fully crocked and tender by late October down there. Sonoran Ridge there is already frighteningly anomalous and will obtain most of this year at least. No hurricanes will be able to hit Texas. There will be NO relief at all, none. Not even God can help us down there. I an totally FOOKED, straight up the ass.

I got NO WAY OUT, at all, except death lmao

You know what the silver lining is though? Me gone from the Mid Atlantic soon, means DC will get 1888'ed in the 2018-2019 Winter. It'll be a winter to remember! Bank on it!!! It will set records for snowfall in December, January, February, March and maybe even April 2019!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived