• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs Thread

George BM

We are getting crushed here.  Rains started about 12:30.  For over two hours it has been torrential.  We also had a period of high winds a few minuets ago.  NWS warned them to be up to 50 mph.  They seemed to be every bit of that.  Half inch hail was reported but I have not seen any of that.  Lots of lightening continues.  My yard lake has returned.  In fact the whole backyard is a lake right now. Prime breeding ground for even more mosquitoes.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

This has turned out to be a beautiful summer day here in Germantown. I am very pleasantly surprised. Hate to see OC getting nailed again though, they are really overdue for a great weekend over there. 

Combine the recent graduates and all the rain down at beach, I think the local delivery rooms might be extra busy next March.  :whistle:

11 minutes ago, 87storms said:

could start to see some increase in coverage around moco/hoco, though generally been a typical summer day here.  not a drop yet, but there's some high cloud tops forming nearby.

Everything to the west seems to fall apart as it moves into Hoco. I haven't gotten a drop today. It's actually been incredible how little action I've seen here considering the amount of action we've had in the area over the past month. I haven't gotten that much rain and no severe storms at all.

5 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Everything to the west seems to fall apart as it moves into Hoco. I haven't gotten a drop today. It's actually been incredible how little action I've seen here considering the amount of action we've had in the area over the past month. I haven't gotten that much rain and no severe storms at all.

yea, not much in moco either at the moment.  maybe a little 270 skirter, but we'll see if it holds together.

Picked up about 1.1" earlier.  I was at the gym, about 3 miles north of my home, when the storms came and it must've rained 2 -3 times that much there.  It absolutely poured for at least 30 minutes.  That was as hard as I've ever seen it rain, and it did that for a long time.  The noise on the roof drowned out the music.  It was so loud I had to run outside to look.  

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Picked up about 1.1" earlier.  I was at the gym, about 3 miles north of my home, when the storms came and it must've rained 2 -3 times that much there.  It absolutely poured for at least 30 minutes.  That was as hard as I've ever seen it rain, and it did that for a long time.  The noise on the roof drowned out the music.  It was so loud I had to run outside to look.  

Did you get enough rain yet? It never seems to be enough. 

• Haha 1

We lucked out in Germantown with a mostly sunny day and no rain yesterday.  It was a bonus.  We caught the edge of a cell while driving up I-270 near Gaithersburg around 7pm that was pounding on areas just east of there.  It was intense with very large drops so I can imagine how hard it rained a few miles east in the heart of that cell.  Kind of dreary looking today.

nam says the daytime will be outstanding, but we might get woken up tonight.  has a couple decent lines moving through.  not really sure how much cape we'll have, but it does look like the best opportunity for widespread showers/storms will be later into the evening.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dailylurker said:

Sun is trying to come out here finally. Pretty pleasant morning for early June. Worked in the the garden for 2 hours and didn't dehydrate. 

How much Deep Woods Off did you go through?

No sun here after the early morning, but quite tolerable out- as long as I wear long pants, long sleeve shirt, and spray the hell out of myself. I did some work and didn't even sweat much. And I didn't get a single mosquito bite ;) 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic